Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 7 pointer?

7 pointer?

I shot this nice buck this morning, im claiming it as a 7 pointer, do you guys agree or disagree

cheer rob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Have you scrutinised his RHS? Antlers such as these mean that something has happened on the opposite side. A leg injury, car impact, etc
    The rule seems to be if you can hang a ring on it then it counts as a point
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

irregular 6 pointer with damaged points, looks an old boy though, still a nice head

Teyhan,

I've zoomed the pic 400% and can't find a 7th point, I can see a damage, am I being thick or just missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by teyhan1 View Post
    Have you scrutinised his RHS? Antlers such as these mean that something has happened on the opposite side. A leg injury, car impact, etc
    The rule seems to be if you can hang a ring on it then it counts as a point
    What is RHS?

Quote Originally Posted by 270wsm View Post
    Teyhan,

I've zoomed the pic 400% and can't find a 7th point, I can see a damage, am I being thick or just missing something?
    At the very top of the antler my hand is on, it has started to fork, ill take a better pic in the morning

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Its his left antler that has deformed so it is his RHS (right hand side) I meant.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Rob northeast View Post
    At the very top of the antler my hand is on, it has started to fork, ill take a better pic in the morning
    I thought that would be the area you are thinking might be a 7th point. Looking at the head there are two points on the other antler that are damaged, plus the antler with your hand on it seems thickened. I would agree with Teyhan that the buck has suffered some sort of trauma, possibly whilst in velvet, but still wouldn't class it as an extra point.

I would say thats a seven pointer.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Can you hang a wedding ring on the extra point without it falling off? That was the way I was taught to tell whether or not it qualifies as a point.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!