Thread: mounts for browning abolt

mounts for browning abolt

Im after some good mounts for my abolt Im wondering of any good 1s for under a 100 pounds I can buy , the sights I got on there is nikon Monarch 6-2450 in 1 inch.

Leupold, Weaver to mention 2 makes. Google is your friend when it comes to things like this.

Nutty

The Browning A-Bolt normally comes with Weaver type bases. Something to be wary of is that the difference in mounts between the short action and long action receivers, they are quite different.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    The Browning A-Bolt normally comes with Weaver type bases. Something to be wary of is that the difference in mounts between the short action and long action receivers, they are quite different.
    Yes they are, but there is also the WSSM and micro action as well, so actually 3 different sets.
    The .223 is a Micro Action, same as WSSM, but there again the bases come with a new rifle.

Neil.

Quality optics and accessories from Leupold, Bushnell, Burris, Nikon and more!
    cannot ship to you, but they have a very easy-to-use web site which will show you the bases for any rifle.
    As noted, the A-Bolt came in action lengths for the .22 LR/.22 WMR/.22 Hornet, the WSSM and .223, the .308, the .30-06, and the .375 H&H.
    Browning made rings on gloss and matte with the little deer head logo in gold, for the Leupold bases, both dual dovetail and windage adjustable.

The Leupold sculpted bases look really nice on it.
    The Warne slot bases are nice, low profile, come in matte or gloss. Their rings come in QD with levers or just a socket head screw.
    The Burris and Leupold rings for these bases look really nice.

I paid 20 for mine from the RFD who sold me the A bolt (in .308). He said they are as good as anything and guess what, he is right.