Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: game licence

game licence

hi in 30 years of shooting i have never sean a game licence eney one in scotland have one as a game lisence is recwired by law to shoot eney game hares deer etc what would happen if the police asked for it ever post office i have asked at for one says dont sell them /what about a dog licence then we used to do them now road tax yes tv stamps yep every thing but a game licence 1 do you tell the nice police officer well if you can find one il bye it 2 if the post office sold them then you would not be nicking me mate 3 leg it

Game licenses ceased to exist about 3 or 4 years ago in England.
    You no longer need one so the police have no reason to ask for one.
    basil.

Only South of the Border basil In Scotand you still need one ............................. if you can find someone to sell you one that is or so it seems.

A few years ago, a friend of mine bought his Game License in the main post office in Dorchester(County Town) on the first day of the license year.
    He went back the next year and bought the next one in the book!

The same happened to me at my local post office here in Llandaf. I wonder what the situation was with regard to a Welsh language version? The book looked like a remnant from the days of rationing and it wouldn't have surprised me to see GR or GPO stamped on the front.

In England and Wales it is now a relic.

In Scotland it still exists but will be going the same way once there is time for legislation.

The postmaster at Dunkeld is about the only one I know doing the service for "game shooters" by mail.

Note, in Scotland you do not need a Game Licence for deer on enclosed land, you DO for open land.

No one is checking up but for those that choose to argue the point for the sake of it....

Stan

Its also worth remembering that if you DONT have the appropriate license in Scotland ,your insurance is void if you have an accident !!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2434me
    Its also worth remembering that if you DONT have the appropriate license in Scotland ,your insurance is void if you have an accident !!!
    This is a consideration of mine, but also the embarassment of being unable to produce it in the admittedly unlikely event of being required to.

Not worth it to save a small number of pounds.

How much are they in Scotland, used to be fiver or something not far off, I must admit I never even thought about it for Scotland since they stopped in England