Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: feeding roe deer

feeding roe deer

evening all, I was talking to a lad today that was telling me that he feeds his roe on his permissions..
    Have/does anyone else do this and what do you feed them..? I would of thought that there is enough for them without supplement feeding...

Quote Originally Posted by fox killer 243 View Post

evening all, I was talking to a lad today that was telling me that he feeds his roe on his permissions..
    Have/does anyone else do this and what do you feed them..? I would of thought that there is enough for them without supplement feeding...

Leed I think

Unless you have taken the wrong end of the stick, I know a few people who feed - supplements to roe - salt licks mineral blocks and the like - as do I on some of my grounds.
    So I wouldn't see it being too much of a leg pull. There are too many people on here that jump in with fits of laughter without thinking about what they write.......

Maize, corn, sugar beet,molasses

chicory has natural worming properties
    Last edited by Rob northeast; 30-04-2014 at 14:59.

I have a very difficult permission to manage with foot paths on two of the three sides. There are only 3 safe firing lanes to use, so I feed the deer in to these positions and only shoot them when they are in those places.... Not on the way in / out of those areas....

Also, there is no reason why you cannot improve the quality of deer by feeding them if the weather is particularly hard.... Certainly worth a try if you are wanting to improve the heads / size / quality of deer coming of the land....

Hi there, I am looking for some kind of feeding block or licks and would appreciate it if you could let me know where I could purchase those as I would like to supplement the roe deer on an estate where I have the stalking rights in the Scottish Highlands through the winter months.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelEsh View Post
    Hi there, I am looking for some kind of feeding block or licks and would appreciate it if you could let me know where I could purchase those as I would like to supplement the roe deer on an estate where I have the stalking rights in the Scottish Highlands through the winter months.
    GIYF: KNZ Wild Mineral Licks - Hockham Deer Management Group Norfolk Stalking Thetford Forest

... and just having been banged for $2.7 billion they need all the clicks they can get to pay for their HobNobs!

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelEsh View Post
    Bushwear in Perth and Stirling have salt block and molasses Salt Shooting

Cheers

Bruce

Any horsey type shop will sell licks, carrots etc. Could save a good bit on postage?