Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone think this could be open to abuse ?

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

anyone think this could be open to abuse ?

I know of an issue with someone i know and i asked the question on another forum,

the reply below was one made on that forum, my own thoughts are this could be open to abise by anyone who just wants to stir the poo FOR US AS SHOOTERS/RIFLE OWNERS.and as i have had a bit of an issue myself a few years back (at my old address) i am so glad this was not about then as i could be like the lad i know who has had everything taken away in the past few days and its with his permission i post this (no names and no pack drills)

simply put his other half has had a hissy fit and plod was called, 3 months later he gets his kit taken away, the best part was the hissy fit had nothing to do with him just his other half,

ARE WE ALL AT RISK OF HAVING OUR RIFLES ETC TAKEN AWAY FOR SILLY THINGS BEING SAID THAT COULD BE SAID BY ANYONE AT ALL.

i love the word turmoil, thats my house on most days and to think that a simple thing of telling you kids off in a loud voice can get you reported ??,

your thoughts.

thanks

bob.

I just had a read of the new (November 2013) Home Office Guidance on Firearms legislation
    https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... v_2013.pdf
    This is what it has to say regarding a certificate holder being the victim of domestic abuse:

"12.41 Chief officers should also consider danger to public safety or the peace, including arrangements for storage of the firearm/shotgun/ammunition where the certificate holder is a victim of, or a witness to, domestic violence or abuse in the family home. Any household which is in domestic turmoil is unlikely to be a suitable place for firearms to be stored."
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

I know of an ex-copper that this has happened to twice.
    No actual incident at his house when the police arrived.All it took was 2 malicious phone calls,one of which I believe was anonymous!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by perdix View Post
    I know of an ex-copper that this has happened to twice.
    No actual incident at his house when the police arrived.All it took was 2 malicious phone calls,one of which I believe was anonymous!!

it scares the shoot out of me to think that the bloke opposite my house who has 10 chickens that i have reported to the local council for him having them could just say anything to get me into trouble be it true or not...........................by by to my guns and im just getting back on my shooting feet after a bit of a rough time.#

i feel a petition coming on ? open to abuse is a understatement, and the police are damned if they do or if they don't but this has to be such a open ended thing its criminal.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Providing it is applied correctly I suppose it could be okay but.................

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by perdix View Post
    Providing it is applied correctly I suppose it could be okay but.................

guns seized first then the time it takes to get your name cleared/guns back, clear your name and the next time you shout at the kids its strike 2,(this time you may not get them back?)

a pothole in the fac/sgc holders road that needs filling in sharpish.

bob.

Definately Bob.
    We were having the problem when catching poachers that they would shout "assualt" in the hope that guns would be taken.Makes doing the job right very difficult

Those of us that possess shotguns/rifles are well advised to be sober in thought and deed. By that I don't mean just drink, but in actions and words too. We also need to have a sixth sense regarding possibly confrontational situations developing. This could mean a vindictive (soon to be) ex partner, or even a neighbour over a boundary dispute perhaps or a work colleague, or many other possibilities.

But even given the most sober and diplomatic of people fall foul of lying crackpots occasionally. It does make us very vulnerable. Given the occasional certificate holder going berserk, it's easy to see why the police are inclined to err on the side of caution, but what's the answer? Should there be proof positive that you are a potential threat, or perhaps only on the balance of probabilities before your guns are taken.

I feel there's no easy answer to this and every case can only be decided on it's own merits. But who should decide? Quite rightly the police will come down on the side of public safety in any given situation, that's their job, but who speaks for the gun owner to provide proper balance?

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    it scares the shoot out of me to think that the bloke opposite my house who has 10 chickens that i have reported to the local council for him having them could just say anything to get me into trouble be it true or not...........................by by to my guns and im just getting back on my shooting feet after a bit of a rough time.#

i feel a petition coming on ? open to abuse is a understatement, and the police are damned if they do or if they don't but this has to be such a open ended thing its criminal.

bob.
    Why did you report him to the council for for having chickens Bob?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Why did you report him to the council for for having chickens Bob?
    the council forbid chicken in their properties or gardens, they are 40 yards from his back door but only 10 yards from my front door, rats are all over the place the noise is not good either.and to top it all he has neven offered me any eggs.

bob.

As far as I'm aware this has always been the case? Even a sniff of trouble and your firearms are gone
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions