Thread: Meopta Meopro 6-18x50 and other models

Meopta Meopro 6-18x50 and other models

Anybody experience with Meopro scopes in stalking conditions? Weatherproof? Low light performance?
    I have always been a Meopta fan and have used an older Meopta for a while. Great scope, better in low light, than the Swaro A-line 3-9x42 we had at the same moment. I am sure that the Meostar R1 and R2 will be better in low light, than the Meopro. But this 6-18 seems to have a lot of intresting features. Magnification is very good for practising on the range at 200/400m. Weight of the scope is only 530 grams wich makes it O.K to put on a rifle to carry over longer periods. Mildot seems available with reasonable "big" dots, ......
    The 4-16x44 Taxtical might be better but it's 300 grams heavier. The 2.5-15x56 might also be great, but high above the barrel. Opinions please.

I have the meo star r1 3x12x56 il good scope lets loards off light in very clear cant fault it ,i looked and the zeiss dulayt before i brought the meoptra ,side by side and i was not inpressed with the bulid quality compared to the meopta.the zeiss was very placstic.meopta for the money all the way love it .

Im a big fan of Meopta optics, but my wife is Czech so I have to be! I have a set of 8 x 56 Bins which I use in the truck and on the quad for general mooching and they are great, I also have a pair of Swaro RF, but only because Meopta don't make any! Have tried other peoples sights, but my Sauer came with a Night Force and so far so good, if I do need to change it I have no doubt a visit to Přerov will be on the cards.

Nick

Glad I read this thread because I was wanting a scope to change the swaro 18x50 on my 270 saw a meopta 3-12x56 on here that mmbeatle was selling so phoned ma mate corky who has one and once he had finished I was in no doubt it was for me ,it came today and im impressed,well worth the money compared to what ive payed over the years for S/Bender and Swarovski.

Good glass but plex ret is to fine imo in low light for deer

Quote Originally Posted by jay 22 View Post
    Good glass but plex ret is to fine imo in low light for deer
    The il is very good on its lowest setting

Quote Originally Posted by berg View Post
    The il is very good on its lowest setting

The meopro hasnt got the ir

Quote Originally Posted by jay 22 View Post
    The meopro hasnt got the ir
    ok sorry my mistake only i was looking at the new r2 for my 308 when it gets back and marchwood had some meopro scopes for sale they did have ir

Got a Meostar R1 and an 6 X 42 Artemis. Fine scopes and good value for money. Low light performance of the R1 easily a match for a Duralyt, itself no slouch for the money. Agree the Meopta has the better build quality (the Zeiss has great optics but is entry level built down to a price and it shows).
    The R1 and some other Meopta models have first focal plane reticles. An acquired taste but you get used to them. That fine reticle makes sense in a FFP and works very well for lamping. Haven't missed the IR.
    Good back up and customer service from Marchwood.

I think there is 1 model Meopro which has an ill ret. ( ?? 3-9x44 ? ) I was looking at the 6-18 to have a detailed view at the range. To clearly see a 1"" or 2" dot at 200/400 meters you need more magnification. I still have a few nice 6x42 Zeiss and Kahles scopes. They are OK for body shots up to maybe 200m, but will fail to see details on a paper at longer ranges. At least that is what I think. I've used Edi's Zeiss 6.5-20x50 and was very impressed.
    The Meostar R2 2.5-15x56 might be an option and is available with the n4 ret.