Thread: What would you do????

What would you do????

If you had planned an evening stake out in a high seat , but on your approach to the seat you bumped noses with a deer, would you carry on as planned or abort and go elsewhere???

wrestle the first to the ground then carry on!fingers crossed,
    DONT START

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Is there only the one deer in the area? Or was the deer you bumped noses with the specific one you were after?

If not, I'd carry on as planned. Just last weekend I shot one roebuck in a valley, did a circuit to find another that took about 45 minutes, then came back into the same valley to find 4 more roe there including 2 bucks - I should have just stayed put where I shot the first

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Quote Originally Posted by nell View Post
    If you had planned an evening stake out in a high seat , but on your approach to the seat you bumped noses with a deer, would you carry on as planned or abort and go elsewhere???
    Depends what species, if it was one of the herding ones I would take it as an encouraging sign that there may be others around.

atb Tim

Regular Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    Depends what species, if it was one of the herding ones I would take it as an encouraging sign that there may be others around.

atb Tim
    I agree but also depends on how early / late you are to the high seat. Down here there are fallow, muntjac and roe all in the same wood so I would just stick it out and be patient to see what might come along. However if it was late in the morning I wouldn't bother and go for a slow wander in another wood.