Wanted: Info on boar shooting in Poland

Overlay

Hi Guys

Anyone give me me the information / requirements for travelling to Poland for boar taking / using a .308 ie licence requirements and flying / aircraft paperwork and procedures, ammunition types carriage to Poland etc

any info would be most welcome

cheers

phil

It sounds as if you want info about transporting a gun to Poland rather than shooting Boar in Poland.
If you have booked through an Agent he will get all the paper work sorted out for you at that end and tell you what is required this end.
Some agents arrange the flight for you so the airline will have been paid the extra for the carriage of your firearm, but if you have to arrange your own flight, then you have to make sure the airline is willing to carry firearms and what the extra cost is.

Last edited:
Boar shooting is booked already with or via a team leader

i would have to book my own flight, to Poland to meet up with team, never been on a flight with a rifle outside the uk hence any info is always greatly appreciated

thanks for the PM's

regards

phil

Some guys that shoot in the NW part of Poland fly to Berlin with Easy jet and are bussed in from there, Eastjet firearm £25 each way in hard case no problems.
Others that fly to Poznan use Polski LOT airways, can't remember the price of the firearm but had no problems.
Others fly to Warsaw for the north and other parts of Poland again Polski LOT airways, no problems.
Good luck whoever you go with, do you mind me asking who you are going with and when, our paths may cross.

pm buckup or look at his previous postings on the subject as he has shot in Poland several times independently and knows the ropes.

hunting wild boar in Romania is very challanging ...., why don't you try ???

Why don't you post an introduction and pay trade membership and you can give us all the details on any hunts you have am sure everyone would like to hear them.

David

Easyjet sound cheaper than BA or LOT. We paid £50 per rifle in January, but another £50 for ammunition. Would advise having a friend get you some locally and leave any unused behind.
Best regards,
Mark

Hi Guys

Anyone give me me the information / requirements for travelling to Poland for boar taking / using a .308 ie licence requirements and flying / aircraft paperwork and procedures, ammunition types carriage to Poland etc

any info would be most welcome

cheers

phil

HI can you please tell me what outfitter you are going with cheers stephen

Hi Stephen,
I was trying to find that out too, was thinking maybe he was travelling with you.
I asked him to contact me by e mail then I could have given him some photos of a few Polish Boar from your last trip !!

Back