Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Police are not Interested in Poachers!!!

Police are not Interested in Poachers!!!

Been happening a while now , poachers are hitting Drumandrochit hard and there is a big effect on the deer and the hares .
    quite a few people now including the Woodland Trust have made complaints to the police and still nothing happening, they are also poaching in areas that are used for recreation and dog walking I personally came within 150yds from someone lamping close to my permission. I even got approached by a complete stranger one day out of the blue on the farm track asking me if I had .222 ammo I could sell him or could I go buy him some, I don't even have a .222 on my ticket.

I hear it's on the rise all over, anyone else having issues and what are you doing about it?

They are a real pain in the ar#e ant they I had someone shooting roosting pheasants with a air gun the other night cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Savage!!! View Post
    They are a real pain in the ar#e ant they I had someone shooting roosting pheasants with a air gun the other night cheers
    no kidding , I lamp by myself on my ground most of the time so sometimes it can be worrying . there is another lad that lamps I have known him since he was a wee lad and he has full permission .

Now if it was a white tailed eagle that was missing, cause unknown, you could get half the Scottish police force out to help. Wild life crime only gets dealt with as a priority if it is politically motivated.

They might not be interested in poaching but they most certainly would be interested in armed trespass with what would appear to be an illegally held firearm, given that the chap can't buy ammo.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

start kicking up a fuss and pushing the armed trespass as this cannot go on if nothing happens put in a formal complaint in these times how can a police force ignore a serious thing like that, it could end up with someone being hurt, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

It's never been the same since they removed poaching from the Sgts exam many moons ago.
    The best thing you can do to start with is ask to speak to your local Wildlife Officer and explain in the strongest terms your concerns about what is happening.If this doesn't sort anything or the answers are unsatisfactory then ask for a meeting with his Superintendant.
    It may be worthwhile setting up a Poacherwatch/Farmwatch type thing to get numbers and descriptions of vehicles circulated to the local keepers/farmers and push the police into getting involved.
    It's bloody hard when you are on your own and approaching these people if you haven't any back-up is foolhardy(a broken jaw,detached retina etc etc has shown me that even though back-up was never far away)
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    They might not be interested in poaching but they most certainly would be interested in armed trespass with what would appear to be an illegally held firearm, given that the chap can't buy ammo.
    thats what you would think but after being asked I informed the police and told them who i thought it was and they still have done nothing

Off topic a bit but had the lead nicked off of my office roof for the third time this year. Reported it for insurance reasons and was asked the same question again 'would you like anyone to attend'. Obviously not much chance of apprehending anyone without coming down and talking to those of us that actually saw the guy, but they have other priorities. Whilst I do understand that, it is difficult sometimes to think we have reached a point where offenses of this nature are not investigated. I notice that guy who got arrested recently for quoting Winston Churchill had four Police people around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulloch View Post
    thats what you would think but after being asked I informed the police and told them who i thought it was and they still have done nothing
    You might find it worthwhile getting an incident number and maybe ringing up a few times and nipping a few heads