Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoot a gold =

Cool Shoot a gold =

How much is it to shoot a gold medal head ruffly
    would like to no
    Last edited by Hawkeye; 30-04-2014 at 00:30.

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    1000, not including how many stalks it takes you to get it.
    If some has a certain Gold and you want to reserve it just for you then expect the price to go up.
    This is for Roe in the south
    Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.........Dalai Lama

That's what i was quoted 1000-1200, everything with a gong attached is big money unless you can do a swap its dig well into your pocket and if you think that's expensive enquire how much a wild gold medal red would cost you that really boggles the mind .
    Last edited by Double four; 30-04-2014 at 07:35.

What would someone pay for a gold medal roe head already skull-mounted and with medal?

K

Real nice... Is there a guide somewhere (online) that you can measure/weigh to get a close score yourself? Just got mine back from last summer and curious what it would do. Nothing spectacular, but as big/bigger than what you usually see around here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b2.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	41377Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b3.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	41378Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b5.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	41379

sorry.... wrong thread...
    Last edited by daven; 30-04-2014 at 07:56.

I've been trying to get one hawkeye and been quoted everything from 600 (from individual stalkers) up to 3000+ depending on weight from some of the estates.

If it takes 5 outings to get the medal you will be down a further 500. When the head gets measured (After 90 Days) you could pay more per gram.So the head your mate shot if it is a 200 cic head would have been nearer the 2500 -3000.
    Chris you done the chap a good turn I am sure he is happy don't get it done at Scone it will not be official .

Prices for medals seem to vary a lot. As for paying per gram I would bolt to the hills on that one. I charge 1000 for a gold head, whether its high gold or low gold, or the new world record makes no difference. There is also outing fees, and never any cast iron guarantees you will take a medal. Big Roe don't get big by being stupid, but on the other hand once you have one on your patch they don't wander too far if they are happy.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

personally I wouldn't pay for a medal but then i'm not fussed about medals , I've had the first of each species I shot mounted and their memories mean a lot to me but I don't care for trophy hunting , just my feeling on the subject and in no way a dig at those who hunt for trophies ?
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Prices for medals seem to vary a lot. As for paying per gram I would bolt to the hills on that one. I charge 1000 for a gold head, whether its high gold or low gold, or the new world record makes no difference. There is also outing fees, and never any cast iron guarantees you will take a medal. Big Roe don't get big by being stupid, but on the other hand once you have one on your patch they don't wander too far if they are happy.
    But often just enough to find their way under or onto the bonnet of a car!

K