Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: level 1 DSC

level 1 DSC

Hi Chaps i have had my fac for 2 months and doing my leve 1 with basc at trochry, reason i know most of the people there. I dont think its that easy i read the training mannual every night to me it almost like i would need vetenary skills ,shoot like (top gun) + the callender bit all the dates bit tricky but will do my best.I have a stiff neck due to a motor cycle accident so prone shooting is a no no. but i have a good set of sticks.
    Just one question i am struggling on Roe feeding on oilseed rape is it fit for humane consumption? Best of luck to anyone doing level 1 good hunting .
    Rob.

I used a company called DSC training - as I recall - which was an online revision system. Seemed good to me. However, I think if you look through this forum I think you'll find people on here who offer that type of pre examination training.
    I wish you success anyway. Motor cycles are bloody dangerous things!!!

Hi Rob

Do you have the Dave Stretton training manual ? if so look under the Roe deer section and the relavent part is in the health paragraph.

I too am studying for DSC1

regards Dave

Hi Dave ,found it (now wheres my glasses) good luck, Rob.

Don't worry Rob all the Scottish centres have a 100% pass rate and the shooting is nothing like top gun. You will be fine and I hope there are no vets reading they might never sit there lev one lol.

Rob

Pm sent.

It may sound twee, but you are asking all the right questions - ie what everyone else frets over and the majority pass.

Neck injury - just make sure Trochry are aware and they will have provision in place to accommodate you. It won't be an issue.

Good luck - and do let us know how you get on.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Let the assessor know of your difficulty prone shooting and arrangements will be made for you.

Deer feeding on rape seed oil is fine but if they eat to much of the suff it can make them blind ,in exstream cases they can be poisoned and die if you shot one that had been eating lot of the suff and became ill from it ,the carcase is not fit for the food chain ,to my best belief ,i have never seen a case of this, and we have loads of rape seed oil in suffolk

Quote Originally Posted by berg View Post
    Deer feeding on rape seed oil is fine but if they eat to much of the suff it can make them blind ,in exstream cases they can be poisoned and die if you shot one that had been eating lot of the suff and became ill from it ,the carcase is not fit for the food chain ,to my best belief ,i have never seen a case of this, and we have loads of rape seed oil in suffolk
    + 1 shot a yearling a few year back that was blind due to over feeding on rape seed so it was the humane thing to do and avoid any rta near the farm rd . The carcase was discarded as a precaution. ...scott

Quote Originally Posted by bigscott270 View Post
    + 1 shot a yearling a few year back that was blind due to over feeding on rape seed so it was the humane thing to do and avoid any rta near the farm rd . The carcase was discarded as a precaution. ...scott
    good call ,was it acting odd before you shot it ?