Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thames valley variations

thames valley variations

After having a variation done in just 10 days with TV police last year I had high hopes for a simular response to the variation I have in with them at the mo no such luck 6 weeks later and still waiting anyone else finding thames valley a bit slow at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by mathieson View Post
    After having a variation done in just 10 days with TV police last year I had high hopes for a simular response to the variation I have in with them at the mo no such luck 6 weeks later and still waiting anyone else finding thames valley a bit slow at the moment
    mine has just taken 4 weeks
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Hi
    I am sure 'processing' has been improved however dont hold your breath - in my experience (only 30yrs? in TVP area) 'renewals' can take 15+ months.
    However, some of the staff are very good - in that when my EU FAP had expired and trip booked they did it whilst waiting!
    Nuff said.
    Ciao, L
    Last edited by Loki; 30-04-2014 at 16:58. Reason: correction

with the way things seem to be going at the moment I think you got lucky Kennnyc I keep getting told they are waiting for the security checks coming back from another dept. why they need to do another security check for variations is beyond me

Quote Originally Posted by mathieson View Post
    with the way things seem to be going at the moment I think you got lucky Kennnyc I keep getting told they are waiting for the security checks coming back from another dept. why they need to do another security check for variations is beyond me
    exactly what they told me when I rang Kidlington, and they wonder why it costs so much to administer the system? I was also told that they were going to be even busier this summer due to overseas visitors to Blenheim needing permits! it wouldn't be so bad if they let you keep your FAC until they were ready to print the new one !
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Have never had a problem with TVP my last renewal in 2013 took 14 days. They have allways let me keep my old ticket while waiting for the new one to arrive. Rang them last week about a problem with mine and they did it while i waited

Quote Originally Posted by TH4 View Post
    Have never had a problem with TVP my last renewal in 2013 took 14 days. They have allways let me keep my old ticket while waiting for the new one to arrive. Rang them last week about a problem with mine and they did it while i waited
    you may want to fill in a lottery ticket then, they specifically said they HAD to have the FAC with the application even though I pointed out the problems associated with a prolonged process, on the other hand when they made a mistake a couple of years ago they did it while I waited in the lobby.

Like TH4 they have been great on my recent renewal and variation and I kept my old FAC

I've had no problem with them very helpful and quick

As I said in the original post nomaly I have had pretty good service from TV but this time they seem to be takeing an age and with a rifle been waiting for me at the dealers I hardly dare show my face there at the moment without the first question being have you got that variation yet tho one point brought up by kennyc I forgot that the cla was at blenheim this year maybe that has got something to do with it