Squeaky boots!!!!!!!!!

MAIDX75

Hi

Might sound like a daft question, but what boots do not squeak , or are very quiet when walking?

Them deer don't seem to like the sound :doh::doh::doh:

cheers

A pair of custom made-for-you Russells are super. Rockport used to make a copy, in moccasin, chukka and 9-inch boot, with a soft Vibram sole and Goretex lined. May still make them, but no one ever stocked them - a terrific shoe for about $200.00.

Cheap solution:

If the squeak is caused by a leather tongue rubbing against the leather collar, just cut off the top part of some thin old dress sock and slide that down over tongue after you put your foot into the boot, then lace it up.

which bit squeaks?

I have some that occasionally squeak from between the lace eye hole and the front of the tongue.
I carry a Lipsyl with me for just such an occasion

identify the squeak and lubricate........words to live by!

Are your boots Le Chameau 'Mouflons' by any chance? They are reknowned for it and it has been discussed many time before if you do a search!
'Le Squeakies' more like!:doh:
MS

Hi

Might sound like a daft question, but what boots do not squeak , or are very quiet when walking?

Them deer don't seem to like the sound :doh::doh::doh:

cheers

My Danner boots are pretty good but I have rubbed beeswax on all the surfaces that can squeak... so maybe the answer is keep your boots and get a bit of beeswax - flytying suppliers sell wee blocks of it.

I had a pair of the squeaky Le Chaneau Mouflons but luckily the dealer took them back ok. I use a pair of Lowas now which have been brilliant.

Back