Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice . .Quality Gaiters.

Advice . .Quality Gaiters.

Guys, I'm looking for a good quality pair of full length gaiters.
    I've tried the Berghaus yetis and was seriously unimpressed with the quality, so much
    so they were sent back.

Therefore I'm looking for a more traditional style gaiter, they need to stand up to a bit of
    rough, clear fell, heather, bramble etc.

All suggestions appreciated.

Regards,

Cadex
    Last edited by Cadex; 01-05-2014 at 11:28.

Cadex.

I will be very interested to hear your conclusions. I'm thinking of retraining as a gaiter destroyer. I managed to pull the lace hook off the most recent purchase as I took them off for the first time. Congratulations on eventually getting your AW brief.

Best regards

JCS

I have had the yetis and apart from getting the piss ripped out for looking like i was on the moon i ended up with just bog standard army gaitors and the work a treat and cheap off flea bay i have almost broke the rubber strap now but they are 5 years old,atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

[QUOTE=jcampbellsmith;780345]Cadex.

I will be very interested to hear your conclusions. I'm thinking of retraining as a gaiter destroyer. I managed to pull the lace hook off the most recent purchase as I took them off for the first time. Congratulations on eventually getting your AW brief.

Best regards,
    JCS

Yes, me too. . . I had a pair of yeti gaiters and the rubber rand split in no time at all.
    The best I have found to date are the ex military ones, they are heavy treated cotton and stand up well to abuse but they need reproofing virtually evertime they get wet.

Thanks, it has taken me the best part of a year to finally sort out my Approved Witnessing, but hopefully it will have been worth the wait
    Last edited by Cadex; 01-05-2014 at 13:03.

Le Chameau ones for me, worn them all through grouse seasons, pheasant season and some deerstalking and so far just clean them with a hose every so often, wth no real signs of wear

I have found Kammo gaiters very reliable.

Apparently the ones Mark (MMBeatle) sells on here are quite good, but I'm yet to take the plunge myself so can't comment 1st hand,

Stratts
    Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

bought a pair of berhaus about 10 years ago and used them for stalking, shooting, mountaineering, etc. finally broke a strap on them last season, well, actually, the dog chewed the strap!

think I paid 18 back then.

IMHO, the most important thing about gaiters are they are not a complete nightmare and backbreakers to put on and zip up.

I'm thinking of trying Mac Gaiters http://www.macgaiters.co.uk/ but as yet i'm unable to comment on them.