Thread: Posting to the USA..

Posting to the USA..

Hiya, had a look and cant see anything similar on the forums..

I have a .22 LR Mossberg magazine, that I want to stick on Ebay, now, will I be ok for posting to the US?? where I'm sure it will be sold...

Thanks in advance chaps..

I can't see there being any difficulty with customs this side of the pond. As far as importing to the US is concerned, usually sellers get around any liability questions arising from customs issues by saying that the buyer is responsible for making sure that it is legal to own and import and further that all duties and related costs are responsibility of the buyer.
    Your main problem will be ebay. They are sure to delete this as it is a firearm component.

Quote Originally Posted by 375win View Post
    I can't see there being any difficulty with customs this side of the pond. As far as importing to the US is concerned, usually sellers get around any liability questions arising from customs issues by saying that the buyer is responsible for making sure that it is legal to own and import and further that all duties and related costs are responsibility of the buyer.
    Your main problem will be ebay. They are sure to delete this as it is a firearm component.
    Ahhh, right, I see what you are saying...will be sure to add that to the "speel"... Thanks.

No problem selling the mag here on Evilbay, the only parts that are not allowed to be sold are the parts where the projectile passes through after pulling the trigger...i.e, Barrel, silencer etc etc..tho, those do get sold every day too.....actions and triggers, and mags are freely available on the site...

Thanks again...

Ebay loves to be inconsistent, Blaser stocks, which have the action integrated and are therefore considered firearms in the US, seem to be allowed. Low capacity magazines like your Mossberg magazine should be OK, capacities over 10 rounds can be an issue. FYI don't even THINK about sending a silencer to the US, even an airgun silencer is a problem if it can be attached to a firearm. As in felony punishable by years in prison.