Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hangout- The Stalking Directory Hammock thread!

The Hangout- The Stalking Directory Hammock thread!

Re weight and speedy set up..

I have the Hennessy snake skins on mine but keep the tarp separate so I can set that up first or on its own and stay dry if it's raining or if the hammock is not needed. Also use Omega Pacific Rap Rings (available from Needlesports) with a Screwgate Karibiner at each end which makes for lightning fast, self tensioning set up... 2 minutes or less quite easily!

First rule of Hammock Club... first to mention Whoopie Slings, buys the round

My preferred sleep out option. Rest of group as well - because I can readily go out of snoring range. Unless we've been doing shelter building, then my first choice when doing courses. Using them so much and demonstrating etc, tend to have several types. Current preferences are-

1. BCUK Group Buy Nomad Hammock with Puramid Mosi Net
    2. UK Hammock WoodsmanX double skin
    3. Snugpak
    4. Hennessey

Usually hung per Uncle Ray with Invenk knot and stainless ring adjustment. Though just got in some straps and Dutch clips to try out on recommendation from a US client.

Never a great fan of the ( undeniable effective ) UQ. To that end, dropped on an Exped Down mat that Taramack were running an offer on. Works very well indeed.

Haven't the funds for a TQ - but sold on concept and would go for a down version. But vastly improved comfort by simply unzipping my SP Elite. Darn sight easier to get in and out of as well!
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Well. thanks to Willie for the lead.
    I have bought a Hennessy Explorer Deluxe A-Sym hammock, the zipped version complete with snake skins, Hennessy tarp, nylon webbing, storage bag and 2 DMM carabiners and 4 rappel rings.
    Looking forward to checking it out.
    Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.........Dalai Lama

whoopie, will post after tea lol

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    We have our village camp-out in June and I mentioned that I'll be hammocking this year (if that isn't a verb, it should be) and it seems a couple of others may be doing the same.

I am a relative newbie to all this, so I will be hanging in mereside's cast-offs but with a Snugpak UQ (if required) and a tarp over the top if it looks like a weekend of wetness.

Because our garden is "sans-trees" I have a metal hammock suspension frame that I can pack into the car if necessary.

Unfortunately our four dogs seem to think that a hammock is simply a dog bed on stilts.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by teyhan1 View Post
    Well. thanks to Willie for the lead.
    I have bought a Hennessy Explorer Deluxe A-Sym hammock, the zipped version complete with snake skins, Hennessy tarp, nylon webbing, storage bag and 2 DMM carabiners and 4 rappel rings.
    Looking forward to checking it out.
    Glad it worked out
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

well done teyhan you won't regret your choice, willie nothing wrong with the tw i did wonder if i was making a mistake letting it go but the blackbird is great just need to get some pics sorted, here is the tw,

toggle and whoopie set up,

and my quilt ready for stuffing

I will have to update pics of the new set up can't wait to get back out happy hanging,wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

WG - 'The Ultimate Hang Book' has a glossary of the latest 'hip' slang terms from the hammock world - nouns, adjectives and many mixed metaphors in abundance!
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms

Does this include "group" and "buy"?

K
    Last edited by Klenchblaize; 02-05-2014 at 07:47.

No that's a BCUK term!

And - I'm in the unique position of being so uncool that any 'hip' term I may use - by accident or design - instantly becomes 'unhip' !