Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting rid of TALK TALK

Getting rid of TALK TALK

Anybody managed to cancel their Talk Talk account??? ive been trying since Jan and thought I had cracked it until I got home from work today to find yet another effin letter from them stating that they are aware that im planning on leaving them and may be due a disconnection fee, this is after endless calls to have 2 months rent refunded ,just when I thought it was all over, here we go again.. Any good ideas????

I managed to cancel my mothers through weeks of emails as I refused to talk over the phone throu there lies and deception, basically I said they couldn't provided the service in which I had signed upto (couldn't use laptop upstairs in the bedroom wifi was *****) therefor they weren't keeping upto there part of the contract so it was void, sent out an engineer service never got any better so back to more email just telling them there service wasn't fit for purpose so and that they actually owedy me money as I use the family home for my buisness and was losing money due to there service being unfit for purpose. Just had to keep at them until they agred to cancel because service provided wasnt what they said it would. Hope this comes out properly as doing it on my phone.

David

Do what I did, record everything including phone calls then threaten them with Ofcom. Good luck.

atb Tim

My girlfriend had similar hassle v difficult to get rid of Talk Talk

D

Definitely a supplier you want rid of !
    DEMAND from the first call and repeat on every subsequent call ' I want my MAC code'
    From your request date they must give you the code within 10days..

Then call OFCOM, send TalkTalk a copy of your intent by email and stand well back.
    You will receive a call from Talk Talk mgt and compensation to close the issue..

I speak from bitter experience

TOMSK

Quote Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
    Definitely a supplier you want rid of !
    DEMAND from the first call and repeat on every subsequent call ' I want my MAC code'
    From your request date they must give you the code within 10days..

Then call OFCOM, send TalkTalk a copy of your intent by email and stand well back.
    You will receive a call from Talk Talk mgt and compensation to close the issue..

I speak from bitter experience

TOMSK
    After threatening me with debt collectors for the service that they failed to supply I ended up accepting 50 compensation from them.... after notifying them that I was going to complain to OFCOM.

atb Tim

Good luck with that!

Took 4 months in total.

Quote Originally Posted by old man View Post
    Good luck with that!

Took 4 months in total.
    same here !!
    Good luck with them ! Stick with it and as others have said recorded mail etc etc
    I had 5 accounts with them for my work they were a pain in the rear from start to finish,Bt may be a little more but I went back ASAP

After a conversation today ive been informed that instead of the 31.15 refund I will receive 1.59 ,but I looks like im out

Quote Originally Posted by nell View Post
    After a conversation today ive been informed that instead of the 31.15 refund I will receive 1.59 ,but I looks like im out
    Once you have got a MAC code out of them and arranged another supplier run your problems past OFCOM.

atb Tim