Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wild Boar in Dorset

Wild Boar in Dorset

Folks,

We have a farm in Dorset that has more than a few of these hairy beasts running around. The ground has been turned over to the point that it looks as though rotavators have been busy!

It will be a full moon this coming Friday 29th & I have one place available for a night shoot.

Cost : 150 for the outing and a further fee for a successful shot at a pig.
    50 for a Sow or juvenile. 100 for a Boar over 50kg.

Venison remains the property of the estate but may be purchased at dealer rate.

Please PM if you are interested and would like to join us.

Just dress warmly & bring a sleeping bag!

Rgds

Ian
    Last edited by IanF; 07-07-2010 at 08:10.

Ian,

Your obviously working too hard that is unless you have some special Piggies that give venison Much as I would love to come down it will be some weeks probably before I can be away overnight. Hospital again in the morning with Dad this time it's a simple cataract op.

Good luck and I hope to see some nice photos on the site

boar

Just a quick mention to say we have returned from a great couple of days with Ian and Jo and I can confirm that the pig activity in the area is really impressive. We were there 2 days and there were fresh signs both days. My mate is adamant he heard a pig behind his high seat!!

We have a farm in Dorset that has more than a few of these hairy beasts running around
    Is the hairy beast being referred to the one in the jacket or the one hanging upside down??

If it weren't for the fact that I'm moving house a week today, I could have been quite tempted by a trip to Dorset with boar in mind....

ATB,

Merlin

I'd better get me razor stropped up a bit & shift this lot, or there might be sightings of a Razorback in Cheshire.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter
    Ian,

Your obviously working too hard that is unless you have some special Piggies that give venison
    Venison:

Etymology

The word derives from the Latin vēnor (to hunt or pursue). This term entered English via Norman in the 11th century following the Norman invasion of England, and the establishment of Royal Forests.
    [edit] Definition

Venison can describe meat of any mammal killed by hunting.[1] It was originally applied to any animal from the families Cervidae (deer), Leporidae (hares), and Suidae (wild pigs),

Thanks Brit - really not too sure as to an option here. Boar produce red meat - so 'pork' really ain't quite right!
    Hope the Op goes well - and then we will save a porker for your Parker!

Rgds

Ian

I live right next door to Earl Grosvenor, or in the old Norman, Gros Venor, "Fat Hunter" roughly, so you can see the link in the terms. 8)

Hmmm Ian I had never really thought about the Boar being darker so more closely related to Deer meat . Juat put Dad to bed and put his eye shield on. Hopefully we will knwo in a couple of days how sucessful the op was and whether he can see better out of his right eye.

Been thinking what would be better for Boar yeah I know it gives me something to think about. I do have some factory RWS H-Mantle 173 Grn in 7x57mmof course no Mod on that rifle.

Good luck with your culling.

Guys,

I thought I'd just add a small video of the pig damage.
    This was just in one small patch of the ground, but the whole place has been turned over.
    I would have carried on filming but my phones memory card was full, unfortunately.

Not 100% sure which 'code' to add so bear with me if I get it wrong.

Hope that worked

Cheers,

Jo

It worked. Did the piggies bring the tree down? You hear that given time pigs will uproot trees so I wondered. My little stalking patch down south gets visitied a few time of year by a bunch of roaming pigs they churn the wood up but are never actually seen. The owner says you can sometimes hear them at night. I have only seen the trail of churned up leaf litter left after their visit.