Thread: Help on 12g reloading & data

Lightbulb Help on 12g reloading & data

Hi all I have brought a bunch of 12g reloading gear new to it it's the Lee load-all It also came with some powder which he said was slow but still it was free so need a little help on data

powder : vectan a1

any help on this one never reloaded 12g but just can't find data for this so not even going to try and start

cheers jon

Good powder, look up the Nobel Sport website for load data.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

What wads should I be using plastic not fibre??

Load data normally includes information on wads. Why not try the Clay and Game website they sell the powder and can also provide load data. http://claygame.co.uk/
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

plastic wads are easiest ,primer , measured dose of powder ,weighed load of shot compressed n crimped.fibre is more involved primer ,powder ,over powder card ,fibre wad,shot ,over shot card.crimp but farmers prefer them as they biogdegrade.go on u tube theres loads of vids how to do it.try also Shotgun World.com its also on pigeon watch.im still using nobel 80 for clays n pigeons and techn 4 for steel.but clay and game are very helpfull peeps lotsa free advice from them.alliant powder has loads on its website as does hogdons and most powder suppliers.if u want spares Folkeston eng supplies,SIARM italy or Henry Kranks ,Clay n Game all deliver .get a decent set of digital scales and if using lee powder measures still check your powder weight.just google grains to grams conversion as most loads are in grains cheers iain

Jonny
    Contact "Small" Steve Clark - He is fairly near to you & will help you get started - show you how to reload & supply components. See his web pages http://www.justwads.co.uk/ or "shotgun reloading.org.uk".
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Yorric View Post
    Jonny
    Contact "Small" Steve Clark - He is fairly near to you & will help you get started - show you how to reload & supply components. See his web pages http://www.justwads.co.uk/ or "shotgun reloading.org.uk".
    Ian
    Owww yeah been to him a few times totally forgot perfect cheers for that

Quote Originally Posted by jonny.c View Post
    Hi all I have brought a bunch of 12g reloading gear new to it it's the Lee load-all It also came with some powder which he said was slow but still it was free so need a little help on data

powder : vectan a1

any help on this one never reloaded 12g but just can't find data for this so not even going to try and start

cheers jon

Vectan A1 is a cracking powder for lead loads in a 12 bore. Gamebore use it in their blue diamind loads. Couple it with a good wad, and the bellsheri and pellegri (sorry about spelling) case and itll do fine. I cant remember what weight I used to use but it was a great load. Clay and game had data.

Nutty

Also try google, i just did and found alot of data.......