Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: bisley

bisley

Its a 1000yd day again tomorrow, my goal is to put all 20 shots insde the 1 foot scoring circle, wouldnt that be something

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    Its a 1000yd day again tomorrow, my goal is to put all 20 shots insde the 1 foot scoring circle, wouldnt that be something
    It would be remarkably good shooting!

I will be giving a bloody good go, ive had 9 in there a few times but weather determines how well you do, ive got my 6.5 06 scoped again and shooting like a laser, an easy condition day could see a good score, I had a pb with it recently

Good luck Swaro. Look forward to the update later!
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

What can I say, was a lovely sunny day, which is not good for miraging, it was bloody awful, wind conditions to go with the miraging, an 8 oclock ish helping wind changes nothing, limp flags then a minute latet it came from 12 then 2 mimutes later from 2 oclock then limp flags again then back to 8 oclock wind, was a mare ,noticed 2 in the club were using 300 win mags, thought they were over the the limit, obviously not, i didnt do aswell as i hoped, results out already and i was third behind one of the 300 wm shooters who was 2nd, beat me by a few points, chap who came 1st had scored 24 hits out of a possible 20 shots, his 4 siters must have been scored, worse than that it was his 2nd go, after his first go he told range officer he dialled in wrong elevations for that load and to scrap that score, In theory i should of been 2nd behind 300wm chap, oh well nevermind, was a nice day laid around shooting,could think of worse thing i could of been doing, my 142gr n160 load started leaking a few primers when zeroing, higher temp must have cause my load to spike so just aswell I had a different load with h4831sc untested at 1000yds, later whe temp had dropped they were ok again, will have to reduce by half a grain and hopefully wont affect its accuracy.
    Last edited by swarovski; 05-05-2014 at 09:08.

yea yea yea - you didn't mention how many you hit though!
    What can I say, was a lovely sunny day, which is not good for miraging, it was bloody awful, wind conditions to go with the miraging, an 8 oclock ish helping wind changes nothing, limp flags then a minute latet it came from 12 oclock then 2 mimutes later from 2 oclock then limp flags again then back to 8 oclock wind, was a mare ,

What can I say, was a lovely sunny day, which is not good for miraging, it was bloody awful, wind conditions to go with the miraging, an 8 o'clock ish helping wind changes nothing, limp flags then a minute later it came from 12 o'clock then 2 mimutes later from 2 o'clock then limp flags again then back to 8 o'clock wind, was a mare ,
    You've just described what makes the difference between a shooter and a Rifleman.

K

Hi k, was toughest conditions ive shot in, was near impossible even with a wind cheater, my elevations were brilliant, wind was changing nearly every shot, was hard to put 2 consistant shots on the target, was the same for everyone, ive no excuses, any high scores would of been luck

Hi k, was toughest conditions ive shot in
    A sunny day with wind between 2' and 0?

ive no excuses
    Notwithstanding post 5, I agree!

any high scores would have been luck
    Hmmm.

chap who came 1st had scored 24 hits out of a possible 20 shots, his 4 siters must have been scored, worse than that it was his 2nd go, after his first go he told range officer he dialled in wrong elevations for that load and to scrap that score
    Sounds typical the RCO should have refused and said tough titty you should have checked before. That's what I would have done if RCO. Otherwise everyone else should have also had the chance of a second attempt.

Don't believe we ever shot the 1,000 but shot the 900 a few times although it was so long ago that I don't recall what with now. Back then probably the 7.62 No4 Conversion or a 303.