Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boar info required

Boar info required

Hello

I wondered if you guy can tell me the best 308 heavy head weight you have used to stop boar

When I put in for my European Firearms Pass, are moderators allowed in Croatia

Alan xxx

Moderators not Allowed in Croatia. Any bullet in the 150-180grn of the partition, bonded type will work OK. I use either homeload 180grn Norma Oryy but at the moment I'm useing 180grn Remigton priemum bonded only because i got a deal on them.
    Last edited by Jagare; 04-05-2014 at 08:47.

I have used the Sierra 180 gn soft point round nose to good effect on driven boar in most places in Europe.
    In fact, for quite a few years I used Winchester 150gn Silver tip in my Remmy 700 Bdl, crap rifle and unsuitable ammo according to a lot of people ! but the Boar weren't told that as it worked every time I did my bit.
    Good luck on your trip to Croatia, wonderful place.

I use the same Hornady or Remington RN as in my .30-06 hand loads.
    Federal sells 180-gr RN ammunition, which is a Speer bullet. These are good, fast opening bullets which stay together.

a .308 150 pro-hunter fbsp will do the job, my pal use's a 180 samson both to good effect

Hi Alan,
    I hope you don't mind me asking but when and with whom are you going to Croatia ?
    The only reason I ask is because I have been there so often my passport is nearly full !
    Our paths may even cross as I have one trip booked already with John Robson and will probably get another two trips with other agents before the year is out.
    I did PM you a few days ago but it must have got lost in the ether.
    Last edited by EMcC; 08-05-2014 at 08:32.

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Hi Alan,
    I hope you don't mind me asking but when and with whom are you going to Croatia ?
    The only reason I ask is because I have been there so often my passport is nearly full !
    Our paths may even cross as I have one trip booked already with John Robson and will probably get another two trips with other agents before the year is out.
    I did PM you a few days ago but it must have got lost in the ether.
    Hej Eddy, I'm not doing Croatia this year as i have too much going on this year. Allready the diary is getting booked with hunting dates plus i have boar to shoot here on my own ground.
    I did enjoy last year in Croatia and will see what next year brings.

Yes, we had such a good crowd it made it a really enjoyable trip didn't it, have you learnt to speak English yet

Hi Alan17HMR,
    Not heard anything from you since posting and PM, have you changed your mind about going to Croatia ?

Hi Alan, I'm not stalking you but thought I might have had an answer to my PM by now.
    I am looking for somewhere different this year, to my usual agents, so may have ended up shooting together.