Is anyone selling guns

Yoda

I noticed a debate on the firearms selling section about the price of a gun. I know which side I take because I know the true value of the gun in the debate.
Is anyone selling guns (at a fair market value)?
I get the impression to value any S/H gun look at the new price, half it, advertise it, get no response so half it again then take a low offer on that!!
Age or condition (within reason) seems to make no difference. Basically if its dirt cheap it will sell.
Anyone else got similar results from trying to sell things.

+1 to that feller. i would like to pay under a shops price's , but not pulling the pants down of he seller that way things work out better in my view, also i love a good barter .:tiphat:

Low price and bargain are often mutually exclusive. You get what you pay for, most days.

What I don't get are auctions. The prices are plus 30% or thereabouts and you get all these silly buggers bidding right up to retail. Now where is the advantage in that? You have no comeback to the auctioneer or the seller. And then you get people who think that auction hammer prices (minus the commission) should act as a reference to private sale prices - sorry mate, you forgot to add 30%. As they say, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

again +1
i go to one each year in kings lynn sg carts go at or above shop costs and crap sells at prices you would give fire room for . Shotguns can come in cheap but it only takes one silly git to start a fire on the starting price! why don't folks just look around at the prices first then set a top line and stick to it :doh:seen tent polls go for £30 being sold as hide poll set up and old very old nets go for £40 :cuckoo: i can get nr new xmod nets from the boot sale for a lot less and do! and less the % fee's. but i still go to them as i once found a harrison and hussy and paid £300 and sold it for 750 still cheap but a profit is a profit. :thumb:

What I don't get are auctions. The prices are plus 30% or thereabouts and you get all these silly buggers bidding right up to retail. Now where is the advantage in that? You have no comeback to the auctioneer or the seller. And then you get people who think that auction hammer prices (minus the commission) should act as a reference to private sale prices - sorry mate, you forgot to add 30%. As they say, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

I have noticed some seller though putting prices out their on forums second hand at retail price, I was looking at a scope Zeiss one nothing too fancy for my .22 on another forum guy wanted £500 for it I thought thats not bad then I looked on my local RFD's website same scope new for £400 or a lamping kit was being sold on another place for £90 second hand however, HIS Inverness had the same Lightforce for £69.99 so I thought ok this might be a one off so I went through ebay the lot and I could get it new for as less as £50 .

I have found SD very reasonable though but I see why everyone has to be dubious :)

Agreed , but if you get less for your stuff console yourself that the stuff you will buy will also cost less ?

in my reply it was about Auctions, as in at a place of sale:

Q ,I don't get are auctions. The prices are plus 30% or thereabouts and you get all these silly buggers bidding right up to retail. Now where is the advantage in that? You have no comeback to the auctioneer or the seller. And then you get people who think that auction hammer prices (minus the commission) should act as a reference to private sale prices - sorry mate, you forgot to add 30%.

nowt to do with you sales feller :-| not everyone is on your case old son.:tiphat:

Might that debate have been about my 28g??

Its simple. Set the price at what you would like to sell at. If someone wants to buy it they will decide to pay the asking price, perhaps try to haggle a little, but if they don't want to pay they won't. Many rifles sit on the shelf of gunshops for a long time before they sell. It doesn't mean they are overpriced. If you want to sell something quick you may have to take a hit but don't expect everyone to do the same. Thats my opinion on the subject anyhow!

Back