Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bale String Blaser !!

Bale String Blaser !!

I was kindly invited to stalk the ground of a member of this site, he can admit to being the inviter if he so desires later on.
    I turned up at some beautiful ground, the scenery was fantastic so I was happy before we even started.
    Started to get prepared for an enjoyable stalk when I suddenly realised that I had forgotten to bring something after all !
    I say 'after all' because just lately I have forgotten my torch, my milk for the coffee, the sticks and even my binos on one occassion, but this time I loaded up then went back in the house sat down and had a cup of tea and went through my list of requirement s and was convinced that I had everything and was feeling quite pleased with myself on the way to the Stalking ground.
    However, when I took my rifle from it's case I realised I had not packed my rifle sling :-(
    Oh dear, what to do.
    As it happens my 'Guillie' offered to lend me one of his but the studs didn't fit because his had Uncle Mikes swivels and I had a Blaser rifle with European studs, much too delicate for chunkey US swivels !!
    So with the initiative of a top class boy scout a bit of bale string was threaded through the studs and a strap from one of my 'Guillies' pack the day was saved :-)
    When I was feeling pleased with myself and turned ready for a look of admiration from my 'Guillie' all I got was the quick glimpse of his camera/phone disappearing behind his back !
    So, my fellow SD site members, I felt obliged to get this in before the picture turns up of a Blaser owner using string for his sling followed by suspected holes in my trousers, worn out boots and a begging post for donations as I'd sold everything else to support my Blaser lifestyle !!
    Thanks to my 'Guillie' we had a wonderful afternoon and evening, saw some nice animals, both male and female but they are still there for next time, when perhaps, I'll have a proper rifle sling to match the rifle

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    So, my fellow SD site members, I felt obliged to get this in before the picture turns up of a Blaser owner using string for his sling
    Damn you stole my thunder! I was all ready to post the "Blaser owner can't afford a sling (or boots )" thread!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1441.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	537.2 KB 
ID:	41564

Too bad that buck did a disappearing act on us in the last few yards of our approach... still wondering if he fell down a large hidden hole! Ah well.... next time...

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    Too bad that buck did a disappearing act on us in the last few yards of our approach... still wondering if he fell down a large hidden hole! Ah well.... next time...
    It probably knew what it might have been up against if it hung around !!

Love it. I've had to do the very same before using a issue rifle sling and some baling twine! Must say I think it suits the blaser though.
    Deer Stalking. Training and Courses. Deer Stalking Certificate Level 1, Training and Witnessing for the Level 2 Assessment.
    www.deercentral.co.uk

As every farmer knows... Anything can be fixed with baling twine, even Blasers!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1440.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	462.1 KB 
ID:	41565
    Last edited by csl; 04-05-2014 at 14:23.

Bernard Cribbins owns a blaser!!
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

Eddy
    how dare you put baler twine on a Blaser
    I will never speak to you again
    Regards pete

Quote Originally Posted by Roedinator View Post
    Eddy
    how dare you put baler twine on a Blaser
    I will never speak to you again
    Regards pete
    I agree.

What an insult to baling twine !!!

Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

I'm so sorry Pete but it was best quality baler twine, unless the other Pete has any better !
    Who the H*** is Bernard Cribbens
    Never mind DMQ Level 2 , these are times where my Blue Peter qualification comes in handy
    Last edited by EMcC; 04-05-2014 at 18:42.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Sod the baler twine - did you shoot anything??
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!