Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FC website - Tenders Scotland.

FC website - Tenders Scotland.

Just been looking at the website as I've been away a lot. Lengthy piece about the Deer Management Framework Agreement.
    I'd be pleased to get reactions, hear more and get an evaluation of the implications. For example, will this be the end of leases for recreational stalkers?

Interesting!! The FC own all carcasses so the all the expense is on the lease holder i.e. the qualifications, paperwork & pay for the lease and get nothing????? some very cheap stalking ground coming up I think???????

I don't think it's leases Bonnie. I think these are the cull contractors. All I wondered was what the effect on leases might be. Will the approved contractors in future manage everything? I suppose we could always register our interest and go to the meeting in Inverness.

Sorry wrong end of the stick, always my luck!

Quote Originally Posted by goathunter1 View Post
    I don't think it's leases Bonnie. I think these are the cull contractors. All I wondered was what the effect on leases might be. Will the approved contractors in future manage everything? I suppose we could always register our interest and go to the meeting in Inverness.
    I don't think so. I think that the long term plan will be to have more leased ground. I've been and looked at quite a few of these leases and the trees barely ever need any protection. I think the framework agreement will be so that they can get contractors into where problem areas are identified and smack a load of deer.

I think they'll eventually replace most of the full time rangers as they retire and the less populated areas will be leased.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

Hmm. That's very encouraging Shabz. We can only hope so.

I thought that had already been done Shabz? any way.

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/forestry/INFD-7NRKSM

It makes sense to work this way from a forest managers point of view. The deer control will pay for itself if you get the balance right, might even turn a profit!

It's how I would work as a forest manager. Ultimately, I'd like to see a couple of weeks of bow hunting per year. You could safely have dozens of bow hunters in the same area that one rifle needs to operate. The profits would be colossal. It's about time the forestry commission turned a profit.

I also don't know why anyone would want to jump through the same hoops that a potential contractor jumps through to be allowed to pay for what the contractor will get paid for! It's mental if you ask me!