Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What 243 should I buy and scope

What 243 should I buy and scope

I am looking to buy my 1 st 243 and scope i am looking to spend round 2500 to get kitted out with all the bits and bobs any suggestions

Welcome aboard. With a handle like dta, there can only be one answer - Guns - Desert Tactical Arms 2500 might not get you very far though. I did see one in the flesh last week and very neat it looked too. Despite a very generous invitation, I declined to try it out.

Regards

JCS
    Last edited by jcampbellsmith; 05-05-2014 at 14:53. Reason: grammar

How much are you talking about to get set up then the 243 will be fox shooting and deer

A lot will depend on where you are doing your deer stalking. Lugging a heavy varmint barreled rifle up steep hills is no fun, but if you have the luxury of shooting from an easily accessible high seat, this may not matter too much. Once you have answered that question, that sort of budget should get you something decent, along the lines of Tikka / Sako with a quality continental scope

tikka or sako with a ZEISS Duralyt 3-12x50 (i) (as i have one for sale ) or twice the price a swaro z4i/z6i that i wish for lol

Quote Originally Posted by dta View Post
    I am looking to buy my 1 st 243 and scope i am looking to spend round 2500 to get kitted out with all the bits and bobs any suggestions
    Welcome to the site. But I would ask you to make a proper introduction first please. When you have done this can you please ensure you post such requests in the appropriate thread, and NOT in the intro section of the site.

Thanks
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by dta View Post
    Like what Malcolm said, otherwise you stand out!

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

I bought a Sako 85 stainless Synthetic rifle in 243, scope is a Zeiss Duralyt 3-12 x 50 IR, mounts are one piece Stainless Sako Optilock ring mounts and the moderator is a stainless ASE Utra SL5 (.25 cal)

Approx New prices are -

Rifle...............1450
    scope.............800
    ring mounts....100
    moderator.......250
    butler creeks...20
    z aim sling......35

TOTAL.............2655

I am very pleased with the set up and would certainly recommend it, buying new for your budget, you would be hard pushed to do much better in my opinion.

welcome to the forum .
    Last edited by paultap; 10-05-2014 at 19:18.

As paultap says Sako 85 is a cracking bit of kit have one myself but in 22-250, i saved cash buy buying a second hand mint condition zeiss scope everything else was new, and really impressed by the quality of Sako shooting great with factory ammo straight out of the box
    good luck on the stalking
    cheers
    Ray