Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone seen this before

Anyone seen this before

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	481.3 KB 
ID:	41629Click image for larger version. 

Views:	277 
Size:	575.7 KB 
ID:	41628Click image for larger version. 

Views:	235 
Size:	606.0 KB 
ID:	41630 Shot this little buck today ,just wondered if anyone else had seen anything like this any if they had any idea what could cause it. There was nothing obvious wrong with buck. Cheers

Roe crossed with a goat?

Had it been last winter I may have suggested frost, it looks a very interesting head all the same def a keeper for conversation!

Check his legs for any injuries, possibly been injured whilst in velvet ,ive seen one similar and know this was the cause...

I have a very similar set of antlers on top of the book case. I believe the 'melted candle' effect on the antlers is a symptom of liver fluke. The first time I saw the roe deer, I said to my ghillie, that's a doe, but the second time I saw it from behind and was intrigued. I stalked it and shot the buck on the edge of a field with sheep in it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%20antlers.jpg

Regards JCS
    Last edited by jcampbellsmith; 05-05-2014 at 18:51.

I do love the odd ones,as has been said a real conversation piece.

Martin

You may like this one then M

Attachment 41659
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    You may like this one then M

Attachment 41659
    That must of hurt when it was broken in velvet!!!!!

This deer had a leg damaged whilst in velvet resulting its antlers drooping..

I had a cull buck last year that had swept back antlers just like a goat. I could only presume he'd done it ducking under a fence.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.