Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Had a hell of a shock Saturday morning...........

Had a hell of a shock Saturday morning...........

I was getting ready for the market Saturday morning and as I was getting dressed in the front room at 0430hrs I hjeard a weird noise that seemed like a hose hitting the couch,so i looked down to see a lot of dark liquid all over the floor and couch and realised it was a spout of blood coming from my leg !! I had what can only be described as the smallest varicose vein in the world,it looks more like a black pimple and it had burst..........OMG!! The blood was literally squirting 5-6 feet and at a hell of a pressure because of(so I am told)venous reverse flow I must admit to a certain amount of panic,but managed to run to the kitchen and grab a handful of kitchen towel and get hold of the 'useless' 111 line,but I had to persevere and finally got through to a clinical advisor that knew exactly what i was going through as he had treated quite a few,and he despatched a paramedic that then called for an ambulance.I now have to wait for the Quacks to open Tuesday to have it redressed and to see what happens next,but no marathons for a bit...lol

Martin

Not nice

I`m having a wee panic just now, cause I think I have some forming,, not sure though.

Take it steady mate and I hope all goes well.

Good luck

Neil.

Bl00min heck M, hope youre ok mate.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Were you practising the current jump on the band wagon topic entitled "HUMANE DISPATCH"??

That's quite shocking and something I never realised could happen

Thought they were something you just put up with as you got older!

Quote Originally Posted by perdix View Post
    That's quite shocking and something I never realised could happen

Thought they were something you just put up with as you got older!
    I was firmly in your camp Perdix mate,but when you see your own blood(and I have seen mine plenty of times)shoot right across the front room that definitely concentrates your mind I can tell you.

Martin,
    Sorry to hear of your problem. Here's hoping that you get sorted out quickly.
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by re'M'ington View Post
    I was firmly in your camp Perdix mate,but when you see your own blood(and I have seen mine plenty of times)shoot right across the front room that definitely concentrates your mind I can tell you.
    Got me worried to be honest as I have something similar to one in my ball sack

Hope you get it sorted mate and it's a one off thing for you