Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mtc viper 8-32x60

mtc viper 8-32x60

hi all looking for above to put on a 222 for shooting to 500 yards anyone have one for sale?
    also what are your thoughts on them for vermin shooting ?

jamie

Quote Originally Posted by 2506min View Post
    hi all looking for above to put on a 222 for shooting to 500 yards anyone have one for sale?
    also what are your thoughts on them for vermin shooting ?

jamie
    I'd avoid the MTC scopes if i were you.. i've had two and found the glass quality less than great (starts to get horribly cloudy). Also the 1/8" click turrets are a pain and they're not amazing at returning to zero.

Maybe the fact i jumped up to Nightforce optics has made me bias, but i think there is better out there for the same money as the MTCs.

They do however come with mounts (handy if you're using it on a dovetailed rifle, like most rimfires), a sunshade, flip up covers, side wheel and a cover. For some weird reason the cover won't go on with the sunshade in place though!

Avoid like the plague. They white out at higher magnification, fail to return to zero and the clicks were inconsistent, at least on the 6-24x56 version that I had. I sent mine to the dump as I wold have felt guilty about selling it.

My penny's worth, I bought an MTC Mamba 50mm objective lens with the G4a red dot reticle for my woodland 308 setup and a pleased with the clarity and quick target acquisition it gives. The glass and build quality is good for its class, of course, it's not in the same league as night force, SB, Lupold etc. but then nor is the price. I happened by chance to meet the couple who run MTC whilst visiting my parents in Wiltshire not so long ago and can only praise them on customer service. At that time I was weighing up my scope options and had viewed their web site and saw that they were very nearby. It was Sunday and I cold called, they told me to pop over and have a look at the scope. The ex-demo she had to show me did have a fault on it, but she advised me to buy direct from one of their suppliers and that by doing so I would receive their no quibble guarantee and support.

I left very impressed with the support I would receive. The scopes are built in China named Optisan. It has stood up to the 308 for a year now and about 40 rounds.

My experience is the opposite, very good scopes for the money. I have 6-24x56 viper and it is spot on, does everything it is claimed to do.

Al

thanks guys I seen roy lupton of the feildsports channel uses one on his 22250 tikka and surely if they were that bad he would get a better scope with him being a pro stalker?

Quote Originally Posted by 2506min View Post
    thanks guys I seen roy lupton of the feildsports channel uses one on his 22250 tikka and surely if they were that bad he would get a better scope with him being a pro stalker?
    Just tried to find that, from the videos i've seen he usually has a Zeiss. Can't see why a stalker would choose the MTC, maybe it was a Vortex Viper?

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger22 View Post
    My experience is the opposite, very good scopes for the money. I have 6-24x56 viper and it is spot on, does everything it is claimed to do.

Al
    +1

does everything i need it to do, not great when the light starts to fade. but for it's price im happy.
    good out to 600yds on the range with the .308.

just my opinion though.
    Last edited by Chrislumox; 06-05-2014 at 11:31.

Look at roy lupton festive foxing its deffo an mtc viper he is using and all his videos with his tikka 22250 it is an mtc thats on it.

Cant see why it wouldn't work extremely well to 500yds. I have the Taipan 4-16 model with AMR reticle and found it to be extremely clear glass and positive on the turrets. I have shot at steel targets to 300m with no problems at all, and intend to use it out to 500m soon. Reticle is clear, focus is good, IR crosshairs are fine and adjustable for brightness. Agreed the light gathering at extremes of daylight may not be up there with the best, but you are paying a mere fraction of the price.