Hunting permision New Zealand

yorky07

Just incase no one has seen one of these, the attachment is a Hunting Permit for New Zealand. These give the hunter permission to hunt Doc or Public land in pursuit of either Deer, Pigs, Thar etc.
The cost of this permit is 00.00 IE Nothing.I am not sure whether the links to the maps will work, but if they do! the maps show the amount of land you can hunt with the permit.

Attachments

• HuntingPermit_00150107.pdf
    15.7 KB · Views: 113
Too easy aye. Quite a different situation to the UK.
Time to visit NZ boys and girls.
Cheers,
Hayden

So as foreigners, would we be successful in applying for a permit on a visitors visa from the UK?

Baggy I have been across as a visitor and hunted some superb ground all free we took chamois, reds, tahr and one place every hunter needs to go, plan you trip well go onto the doc website it will tell you areas where species are spotted, think about some places needing helicopter access to drop you off and pick you up, sat phone and gps is a big plus ,here's our trip and to anyone thinking of this do it while you can its an experience not to be missed,
hunting kiwi style

So as foreigners, would we be successful in applying for a permit on a visitors visa from the UK?

Yes Baggy! And everything mereside said as well. At the moment i live within 2.5 hours traveling to the furthest point that gives me access to 405,000 Hectares with the target species been. Reds, Fallow, Sika, Samba,and Rusa.
Have a look on here for some insight.
Hunting

Kevin.

Im fortunate enought to have family in NZ, and If all goes well we will be emigrating out there in the new year. Its an amazing place and if you have not been you should put it on the "bucket list"

That's amazing!!! My brother is in Wellington doing a PhD. What an excuse to visit! Thank you for the heads up chaps.

Back