Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night Vision

Night Vision

It looks like the law regarding hunting with night vision is going to change as hunters overwhelmingly voted in favour of it being allowed for pest control. I left my NV units behind in the UK when I moved here as I was told that they were banned. One of the units if I remember correctly was a HTH-731 which had a Photonis Gen2 tube. It was great fun and you could see a good distance away. I now fancy something different and am taking a look at the digital units both, dedicated and add ons. I put my name down for a DFA 75 but the monocular adaptor release date kept being changed, so I cancelled the order.

I am looking at Yukon Photon and the Pulsar 750A. Anybody from here got any experience with either of these units? Thanks for the feedback.

I have the armsight drone pro and I am seriously impressed !!!!
    it was that or the n750 .... Reports on Carl Moore and his customer service were encouraging so I went for the drone pro

good decision for me

paul

Had a look through above last night and I was more than impressed, use a HD38s Thermal as spotter and drone on dedicated rifle eg .204 and you would have a deadly bit of kit.

Due to technical error we have a few more foxs than we should have but on a freshly harvest grass field. However we will sort.

For info at 10 pm last night at approx 350 yds the central dot was just about the same dia as a 3" fence post, another SD member was quite sure that a fox at 500 yds would be well possible if the rifle could do it ( of course he could do it!!!).

Will post further report when we get it fully sorted.

D

Yes david I could do it..theoretically!
    Great piece of kit comparable to gen 3 at a reasonable cost. One going on the 223. I must stop coming out with you its costing me far too much money!!
    Atb sussexsteve

i have had a n550 and was happy, then moved onto the photon and again with the mounted m800 ir was very happy, now i am selling the photon full setup inc m800 ir ,mpr recorder to move up to the next best thing!! as i am fed up leaving two rifles just set up for night work ,sometimes its fox , then rats .22 rf ,so i might just get a rear add on and suffer the lack of stockweld left to use !

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    i have had a n550 and was happy, then moved onto the photon and again with the mounted m800 ir was very happy, now i am selling the photon full setup inc m800 ir ,mpr recorder to move up to the next best thing!! as i am fed up leaving two rifles just set up for night work ,sometimes its fox , then rats .22 rf ,so i might just get a rear add on and suffer the lack of stockweld left to use !
    So have you identified the next best thing yet? I ask becasue I have photon that works great, but I also want to swop my NV between rifles and fancy a rear addon might be the solution. The issue that I see is that they seem to need a parralax adjustable scope, and whilst the air rifle and the 22rf have these the Meopta on the 223 has no PA adjustment- it doesn't need it.

A front end add on such as the N750 needs at least 10mm clearance between scope and barrel, and as I have carefully mounted my scopes as low as possible that would mean several new sets of mounts.

Any thoughts?

No sorry i have not as yet! but i bet its going to cost me more to set it up for the photon outfit 850 ish i have at this time. lol

I have a D760 on my 223 and it works wonders in the dark i use a pvs 14 as a spotter and also use a guide 518c for looking for charlies in cover there is not much you don't see in the dark

At this rate we will be having to charge commision or get a discount from the varrious suppilers for all the live demos we are doing.

Rain has stopped play for a while.

D

Looks like I will just get a handhed monocular as the law is different from Kanton to Kanton. And in the Kantons where I do my hunting, they are still illegal!

Bummer