Boys room/gun room

Hi guys

after much debate I have managed to get one of the bedrooms in the house as a gun room. I will Be moving my safes into the room etc also a reloading table set up but was wondering what else I should put in it ?

Cheers

Any antlers/shoulder mounts/zebra skin rugs/cased pike you aren't allowed anywhere else in the house; large print photos of your shooting trips; mini-fridge for beer; comfy chair for grabbing 40 winks in......you're going to need a bigger room. ;)

If you shoot Roe or any of the smaller deer keep the feet and tape them into right angles, when dry and set,fix into two good quality pieces of Oak which in turn is fixed upright on the wall and then lay all your guns across them. It looks really good and makes quite a talking point.

No gun room will be complete without a cartridge display:

DSCI0081_zps8518d267.jpg

You'll also need something to give the room a "homely" smell. Forget pot pourri or scented candles and go for Youngs 303, rangoon oil, Butch's Bore Shine, walnut oil or similar - just sprinkle liberally where necessary.

Finally a set of red deer antlers on which to hang all those hats!

willie_gunn

Being serious for one moment I’ve found one of these to invaluable when it comes to rifle cleaning or tinkering:

Fitted mine with a custom made pair of thick leather stock protectors as my only criticism is the cork is not nearly thick enough.

K

Being serious for one moment I’ve found one of these to invaluable when it comes to rifle cleaning or tinkering:

Fitted mine with a custom made pair of thick leather stock protectors as my only criticism is the cork is not nearly thick enough.

K

That is completely unfair and in fact bordering on downright cruel - posting a photo and then not telling us where to buy :ban:

If you shoot Roe or any of the smaller deer keep the feet and tape them into right angles, when dry and set,fix into two good quality pieces of Oak which in turn is fixed upright on the wall and then lay all your guns across them. It looks really good and makes quite a talking point.

There were hooks like that in my grandmother's attic room used to hang coats and things on. They kept rotating in the wooden bases, but more to the point, pretty much everyone thought they were horrible. I've secretly prepared a muntjac buck's skull and it's just drying now in the shed before being mounted to a shield I was given. I'll also secretly mount it on the small bit of wall that I'm allowed and see what happens.

No gun room will be complete without a cartridge display:

DSCI0081_zps8518d267.jpg

You'll also need something to give the room a "homely" smell. Forget pot pourri or scented candles and go for Youngs 303, rangoon oil, Butch's Bore Shine, walnut oil or similar - just sprinkle liberally where necessary.

Finally a set of red deer antlers on which to hang all those hats!

willie_gunn

I wonder if north wales will condition 460 for rabbits and fox
I can dream
cheers lister

Back