Thread: The plight of the farmer

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available

The plight of the farmer

Found this article on my weather site today,I know it can be a tough place to be as a farmer but it seems that when many blokes knock on doors to offer assistance there is generally a knock back.

Weather News - Wild dogs and pigs move in
    "you nae be needing these no more"
    I said as I slipped the knife through the cord

সাম্বার হরিণ

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    BTW have any of you blokes tried to crack a Macadamia nut,you need a lump hammer and anvil or a vise for the job.The pigs dont though.
    "you nae be needing these no more"
    I said as I slipped the knife through the cord

সাম্বার হরিণ

Quote Originally Posted by johngryphon View Post
    BTW have any of you blokes tried to crack a Macadamia nut,you need a lump hammer and anvil or a vise for the job.The pigs dont though.

We get bombarded by how hard up the poor old farmers are and how tough it is ........................ well just don't believe them especially around these parts. The local farmers son is dating the neighbours daughter, saw them coming down the main raod out of town a few weeks back driving like a total pratt at an excessive speed in his Aston Martin ......................... oh and I hear they are all off to Africa again soon for another Month. Hard up for sure.

Yeah Right!

BH - You ought to try an Aston Martin if you haven't already got one yourself that is, great choice of car, and a month in Africa works wonders, all those hunting opportunities too - chill out and give it a go!

Quote Originally Posted by VIGILAIRE View Post
    BH - You ought to try an Aston Martin if you haven't already got one yourself that is, great choice of car, and a month in Africa works wonders, all those hunting opportunities too - chill out and give it a go!

Hmm from what I hear tis not beasties that are hunted. Always fancied an Aston martin but simply could never afford one reliability and running costs are not great with them I understand.

As for Africa that's out too. Not sure of the jabs needed nowadays but any is too many now. Jabs are avoided where ever possible due to some severe reactions to them that can happen which seem to have gotten worse as I got older. Then there is the cost ......................... I doubt a trip to Africa would be classed as respite.

Nope for "fun" on the roads there is a little MGF cheap and cheerful:-

It's quite good on fuel too .

Is it legal to lamp wild dogs and pigs John, especially where they are causing so much damage ???
    Paul
    I wish I was half the hunter my dog thinks I am

Is the dingo fence not still intact? Bit rusty with my OZ geography (and where dingo fence goes further north) but thought the places mentioned in article were to far east to have big numbers or are they moving eastwards?
    And are wild dogs and dingo's the same thing?

Sad bas that i am actually drove out to see it (somewhere near coper peddy) and it is as boring as it sounds.

John, appreciating their plight about dog and pig control, is 1080 really the best/only answer?

Not trying to be confrontational, being in that situation must be as frustrating as individual farmers here with TB to contend with?

If you were a bit closer I think a good few Forum members would freely help out?