Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What can I say...

What can I say...

I can't seem to win no matter what I do whichever way I do it.

All those who have kindly responded to threads in my defence I thank you.

For everyone's information, I have had my head stuck my a*se for as many weeks, I couldn't even tell you what day it is.
    I am in the process of a major revamp in my workshop and business in general. I have building work going on, which I'm doing myself.
    I have machining work, coating work, people visiting, people trying to ring, email, PM, txt the list goes on, I've had delays with postage, shipping, new phones, new broadband, oh and the day job and trying to eat, sleep and have a life.

I was given one pair of hands, one pair of ears, I try to make the best of both as best I can in view of the circumstances. If people ring, email etc etc, I'll always get back to you as soon as is possible, all I've asked is a bit of patience but I guess that's not for everyone.

Those folk waiting for rifles I apologise for the delay, I can't go any faster or account for issues beyond my control. Everyone is a priority, you all pay my bills, those that know me, know me well and what my ethics are, I'm no shiester!

To those whose have been patient I thank you.
    However, I've just learnt I've now been reported to a firearms licensing department because of delays returning a rifle and replying PM or phone call.

There are times when I think I should stick to the day job and give up trying to offer my fellow sportsman/women a value for money service and high quality product, without tearing you a new a*shole. Oh well.

Only good comments from me about you James, enjoying the 25-06

"However, I've just learnt I've now been reported to a firearms licensing department because of delays returning a rifle and replying PM or phone call."
    There are some tw@ts out there mate cant believe someone would do that! Always a few who will try and bring you down that's life unfortunately...

Not commenting or even have in mind any SD members - so nothing of that nature should be read into this.

Jager SA - you can only do what you can do. A bit self evidencing I know ( Sir John Harvey Jones I'm not ) But when you are in the midst of it, it becomes hard to see or think straight and head down, crack on does seem the obvious answer. It's at that time that a few minutes step back is always worthwhile.

Good people tend to hate saying no and are oft just too keen to be helpful. Ultimately that doesn't pay bills and there is heavy reality in the term time is money. I know a certain leather crafter and handle putter onner - but won't name names. His work is first class and he puts his heart and soul into what he does. The amount of time he wastes on tyre kickers or those that want the earth but will only pay a penny for it defies belief. Given free reign - and I don't for one second suggest deliberately - their actions would close him down, because no paying work would get done. Only when forced into a corner has he begun to filter out the wheat from the chaff. That's not being nasty, its fighting to protect his business and do right by paying customers.

There are a great many who shout their corner very loudly - some measure up, a good number dont. There are also a great number of really skilled, really straight people to deal with - they rarely shout about it and perversely seem to get a fraction of the published praise from satisfied customers. But I know who I'd rather deal with.

But to a person, they have a common failing - the fear that the phone will stop ringing and that will be worse than it ringing too much! You describe yourself all you have on the go. You have to decide the best balance for yourself - but events you describe suggest it needs a better balance. In there, dont be nervous of being relatively open - do a post or whatever and tell it straight. Say work is currently taking x weeks etc. Those that don't wish to wait are fairly forewarned and can go elsewhere, fairer on you and them.

All that said, one hundred quietly satisfied customers count for nowt against one noisy dis-satisfied one - whether in the right or wrong. But draw comfort in that a good many SD readers have grown ( through massive practise! ) at reading between the lines of posts and becoming used to the... er foilbles of certain members

Hope that helps. Keep slogging!
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Quote Originally Posted by caz518 View Post
    Only good comments from me about you James, enjoying the 25-06

"However, I've just learnt I've now been reported to a firearms licensing department because of delays returning a rifle and replying PM or phone call."
    There are some tw@ts out there mate cant believe someone would do that! Always a few who will try and bring you down that's life unfortunately...

I would be nearly 100% confident that the person who did that is a member of this site !

Shame on them , that is the lowest of the low

quality work takes time , if you dont have the time , dont get the work done , my 30-06 james built took 3-4 months , did you see me slagging the bloke off on here or even worse reporting him to the Rozzers ??

1 quick and simple answer to that ....... NO YOU DID NOT !!

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by leec6.5 View Post
    I would be nearly 100% confident that the person who did that is a member of this site !
    Why is that ?
    I agree though, stooping to that level is a bit OTT
    Unless of course all other forms of communication had failed to get a response of any sort, which I am sure is not the case here.

Neil.

Nil iligitium carborundum as they say. You can't keep everyone happy no matter how hard you try. Take solace from the overwhelming support and the loyal following you have earned. Keep doing your best and no one can ask for more.

Quote Originally Posted by srvet View Post
    Nil iligitium carborundum as they say. You can't keep everyone happy no matter how hard you try. Take solace from the overwhelming support and the loyal following you have earned. Keep doing your best and no one can ask for more.
    I bought some stolen grinding wheels once...... that's been my motto eversince
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Jager SA View Post
    I can't seem to win no matter what I do whichever way I do it.

All those who have kindly responded to threads in my defence I thank you.

For everyone's information, I have had my head stuck my a*se for as many weeks, I couldn't even tell you what day it is.
    I am in the process of a major revamp in my workshop and business in general. I have building work going on, which I'm doing myself.
    I have machining work, coating work, people visiting, people trying to ring, email, PM, txt the list goes on, I've had delays with postage, shipping, new phones, new broadband, oh and the day job and trying to eat, sleep and have a life.

I was given one pair of hands, one pair of ears, I try to make the best of both as best I can in view of the circumstances. If people ring, email etc etc, I'll always get back to you as soon as is possible, all I've asked is a bit of patience but I guess that's not for everyone.

Those folk waiting for rifles I apologise for the delay, I can't go any faster or account for issues beyond my control. Everyone is a priority, you all pay my bills, those that know me, know me well and what my ethics are, I'm no shiester!

To those whose have been patient I thank you.
    However, I've just learnt I've now been reported to a firearms licensing department because of delays returning a rifle and replying PM or phone call.

There are times when I think I should stick to the day job and give up trying to offer my fellow sportsman/women a value for money service and high quality product, without tearing you a new a*shole. Oh well.
    I have only heard and seen good reports of your work on this forum, I haven't used your services, but you are there if I needed to, and I have recommended you purely on the honest open posts you have started, and on Lees experience of dealing with you, trust me, if you weren't up to the mark he would say so. This is the best shooting related Forum out there bar none, avatars however, are ideal hides to shoot from and nobody can see or find you, perhaps some members practise their keyboard killing skills more than getting out there doing the real thing. deerwarden

Dont worry pal you got a bit of a following on here and ill still be sending you my 30-06 for a nice shiny begara barrel and cerakote work very soon. It better be done in 48 hours though

Quote Originally Posted by gr1ffer View Post
    Dont worry pal you got a bit of a following on here and ill still be sending you my 30-06 for a nice shiny begara barrel and cerakote work very soon. It better be done in 48 hours though
    Bit long ain'it, or does that include 48hr delivery FOC. deerwarden