Winchester 22LR ammo

Not sure if this should be here or "Ammunition" but anyway.... Just came across this:

"Symbol Number: S22LRT
Lot Numbers: GD42L and GD52L
Winchester has determined the above lots of 22 Long Rifle rimfire ammunition may contain double powder charges. Ammunition with double powder charges may subject the shooter or bystanders to a risk of serious personal injury and/or death, or cause firearm damage, rendering the firearm inoperable".

Full report: http://www.winchester.com/library/news/Pages/s22lrt-recall.aspx

Don't even know if this ammo is sold in the UK but it looks a bit nasty!

Richard

It's for target and plinking, or that's what it says on the box. If it is for plinking I doubt that the quality will be the best so probably wouldn't appeal to the target shooting fraternity in this country anyway. I can't see a double charge being much of a safety issue in most bolt action rifles but I'm not so sure about semis.

I'm surprised there is room for a double charge, last Winnie sub I took apart just about had a case full.

Neil. :)

i find winnie subs an aweful round , really went off RWS also , really like the CCI's i have been using I have about 50 rounds of Winnie high velocity that next time on the range I am just gonna use up and not bother where on the target it lands.

Back