Your rifes and your wife

Make sure your wife understands its a legal requirement to ensure your gun cabinet is at full capacity at all times , this is so thieves can not carry it away :)

ha ha this sounds familiar, I had my cabinet door open in my man cave whilst working on a rifle my wife came in and had a peek, blimey I thought you only had one rifle,:oops:.
To be honest we both work hard and only have a joint account we know exactly where the money goes and we are happy, my wife is very understanding and booked my hunting trips abroad last year as long as she gets her time in the sun she is happy we both encourage each other to spend time with friends and makes for a happy life,atb wayne
I think my wife could do with reading a few of these post , all joking aside there is a lot of good advice here ,as well as some jokes and bad advice ,it very easy to get caught up in the stalking world and forget about others:oops:

Apache's approach has always worked in the Gain household.

However, her cousin and nephews were staying the other week - both are active hunters in Spain, where they live - and they were very keen to see my armoury. Perhaps imprudently, I was happy to oblige them.

After it had taken nearly two hours to go through (almost) the first two cabinets, we were called to dinner and unable to resume the tour until the following morning, between breakfast and their trip to the airport (they almost missed their plane, and we still had a cabinet to go).

Once they had gone, she asked gently: just how many guns do you have?

Her reaction to the answer -a theatrical roll of the eyes and a dimpled smile- reminded me what an all-round lucky chap I am.

I buy what I want, all the bills are paid, she pays a small amount a month into my account, I pay all the bills, the rest of her wage is hers,
she just came home sheepishly telling me she just bought a steam cleaner thing at £80.:rofl:

I bought myself a classic car at christmas, semi justified by selling one of her cars we never use.:norty:

I fancied a PCP air rifle for practice, £600 later............ still no comment from her.

How manny times can one man have his balls cut off:rofl:

Exactly. And if you want to see the mess it makes then go on to Live Leak and watch the vid of the man in Florida who cut his own meat and two veg off whilst stood naked in the street in protest of his son and wife having sex (or something like that). Takes all sorts...:cuckoo:

being married to a tree hugger and gun anti, i clean my own gun room,the less said about guns shooting and dead things the better.

simples

bob.

Since my wife is a blood thirsty killer when it comes to hunting, she has no issues with my guns...I just have to be careful what I buy, if she likes it I may be buying her one too!!:D

Zee

I am now a bachelor but I don't think the rifles were a large part of it. I brought a large quantity of firearms to the marriage and in the early years, when times were tough, I willingly let them go at need to pay for unexpected expenses. When we got onto our feet, financially, I didn't make any bones about buying rifles. I wore old clothes, I drove old cars. I'd quite smoking and I didn't drink socially. I was a good father and I had no other vices other than shooting. I always bought what was a deal, and it was never anything extravagant. I collected Brit and Finn military rifles and in those days, they were $39 - $49 each.

Fast forward a couple of decades. The marriage was dying and I knew it. I was making a lot of money then but it seems that every rifle I bought really ticked her off -despite my financial austerity in other aspects of my life and the fact that I paid for her $30K Master's Degree. I started 'going to the range' with several hard cases, one of which was empty. I'd drive to the city, find a new-to-me toy, and transport it home in the previously empty case. She never shot, so she never recognized the new arrival being cleaned along with the others. Deceptive, yes, but it kept the peace.~Muir

Well, Muir, that is certainly true what you say about something which was not a problem before, and is no financial strain, being made into an issue, perhaps to avoid facing real issues. It shifts blame, too. There can be a lot of dynamics there.

I say " rifle £100 scope £50. Shotgun £150 second hand." Then bring them in when deadedners is on. ;).
As much as that!!!
Must remember not to reply to this thread so that she doesn't spot emails of further emails coming in - Doh!!

I made a agreement with my then girlfriend , " if you want to get engaged and a engagement ring then i want a semi custom rifle in 280 Ackley ! "
Guess what??? she is now my Fiancée and wears a nice ring , and i have a semi custom Sako 75 in 280 Ackley -- Both happy!!!:D

I explain what I would like to get and why. Because we have a farm and I plan to shoot to put food on the table, we decide what's reasonable and she hands me our company credit card (she does the books and finances) and sends me off to the gunshop. It helps that she has started shooting and enjoys it, though she's not really interested in hunting, just target shooting .22 and clays on the shotgun. She knows what we have as the receipts go to her for running through the company books.

If I want something else, generally I'll buy it. She has her hobbies, I have mine and we both work bloody hard for the money we have. We deserve to enjoy the limited time we have away from work. We're currently working to get out of our present industry and to open our campsite on the farm next year.

some interesting replies to this thread. i can only say that i chose my wife carefully, she doesn't mind what i spend my money on.

Well, Muir, that is certainly true what you say about something which was not a problem before, and is no financial strain, being made into an issue, perhaps to avoid facing real issues. It shifts blame, too. There can be a lot of dynamics there.

There were. I am happy to be free of them.~Muir

Back