Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swarovski range finder warning

Swarovski range finder warning

I have just bought a swarovski r/f from another member on here.When delivered today it doesn't work. If you put the battery in then it works ok but after 20 seconds when it goes in standby it won't switch back on again ! I have spoke to Swarovski uk & they tell me that it is a 2005 model & that the warranty on the electrical side of the device is only covered by a 2 year warranty. I feel sure that the other member will refund me the 425 that i paid for it & this thread is not directed at him but the Swarovski warranty on their range finders.2k + & no good after 2 years !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1kevb View Post
    I have just bought a swarovski r/f from another member on here.When delivered today it doesn't work. If you put the battery in then it works ok but after 20 seconds when it goes in standby it won't switch back on again ! I have spoke to Swarovski uk & they tell me that it is a 2005 model & that the warranty on the electrical side of the device is only covered by a 2 year warranty. I feel sure that the other member will refund me the 425 that i paid for it & this thread is not directed at him but the Swarovski warranty on their range finders.2k + & no good after 2 years !!!!
    Very shocked by this, always thought you got a better level of customer service from Swarovski (and would be expecting good service after investing in products in their price range).

Yeah i just recently bought the 8x42 rangefinders and the shop assistnat told me they had the full 10 year swaro warranty then went on to say the electronics only have a 2 year warranty and at 2k i thought that was a bit rubbish!!! hopefully wont have to find out the cost to repair electrics any time soon!!

That's just crap. I'd call them back. I've had problems with them (Swaro) in the past but at the same time have had some excellent customer service from them too.

Go Leica.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Leica every time.

But Leica is only 2 years on the electrics as well.
    I want a set of the Swarovski RF but after trying them side by side against Zeiss I preferred the Zeiss.
    In the end I have stayed with my Leica, not as good but it is bought and paid for, and works ok.

Neil.

Anyone know if the warranty on the zeiss ones is any better?

It's the same, and why I stayed with my Leica, when it stoops working I will have the Zeiss.
    Side by side the Zeiss constantly found and ranged things the swaro just could not 'see'

Neil.

Read the small print, the longest warranty I've seen on electronics in optics is 3 years. This was the reason I didn't buy RF binos

PS, Hornet 6, I have the Zeiss PRF, very good rangefinder