The sickening reality.

The badger huggers won't even be any where near moved to tears by that I myself felt choked for the man very sad situation .
norma

That was quite depressing, can't believe after seeing that that people will stand up and defend badgers. At least on the general license the option to manage them goes back to the land owner.

very sad

and as has been said, the antis have no idea or care about anything else.

bob.

That sort of needless suffering doesn't matter, as real food comes in a McDonalds carton or a poly tray from Tesco!

This is very unusual. The animals should go live to an abattoir, not be shot on farm. Does anyone have the back story to this?

Oh Dear! It's sickening, maybe the general public should be shown thing like this more often and then maybe there would be more support for controlling the problem!!

Brought tears to my eyes, felt so sorry for the farmer who obviously loved his beasts. The badger huggers should be made to watch this.

Terribly sad as has been said the antis don't care about this , feel so sad for the farmer and his family :(

Horrible to watch, and to think this is repeated all over the country countless times, while our elected government listens to bunny huggers
while ignoring the truth of the situation.
Shared on face ache for all the good it will do, perhaps all on here who see this and feel the same way should do the same ?

Neil

not nice for that farmer and his family, good looking animals well looked after, and for what, TB = badgers shoot them all i say./ apache, home slaughter is legal, it is what it is.

My point is this is NOT what happens to 99.9% of TB reactor cattle. They are taken to an abattoir and the vast majority end up in the human food chain.

The video seems to show some cows randomly being shot and not bled - so basically wasted.

Something needs doing about TB, no questions there. A misleading propaganda video showing what doesn't usually happen adds nothing to the cause.

Very hard to watch and brought back very bad memories of 2001 not a nice time for farmers either. Really dunno how these boys cope with it always hanging over them.
I know how hard some of the local boys found it to restock after F&M but to face that every 2 years or more often is terrible, mental cruelty really
Nice to see a farmer handle stock like that esp the big chaorlis bull.

Did think it was strange using live rounds in some of the situations and not putting animalds in a crush. Would imagine it would be done for effect, it certainly worked.

While on this badger topic 2 studies have recently been published (must have been in ST as not inthe songbird survival letter which is were i thought i read it) pretty much scientificly proving wot we all know thaat badgers eat a lot of hedgehogs, yet even the Hadgehog charties are not promoting it:cuckoo::banghead:

Back