Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mitsi l200

mitsi l200

Hi all,want to spend around 4k on one, what year, condition, milage etc would be good for that sort of money, anythings to look out for, mph how many

My L200 has ally wheels, cant recommend these for off road work. If fitted with tyres without protective bead the edges of the wheels get chipped by stones in ruts.
    Its done 160k now, had from new and still going strong. Have good look around paintwork its thin and chips easily, rust then develops. Does about 29mpg overall. Biggest problems with it have been starter motor, front discs and couple of track rod ends.

I dont do any extreme off roading and it will be doubling up as a work vehicle and portable highseat

Big ends went on the warrior i had, think it was a 52 plate, after 80k. Just happens, cant check for it.

Another thing to add and this goes for other 4x4's is that 'Milner Conversions' of Matlock, Derbyshire supply good spares at good prices if you are able to do own repairs. They have a good website and usually get spares to you next day.

03 l200 27mpg combined ,cam belt just done on mine along with the other belts and pulley 300 not too bad off road with bfg or g grab at2 ,anti roll bar bushes go regular and I've had an sensor go .good truck decided to keep her as I'd need 8/10 k for something better everything newer seems to have massive mileage these days
    norma

Quote Originally Posted by billh View Post
    Another thing to add and this goes for other 4x4's is that 'Milner Conversions' of Matlock, Derbyshire supply good spares at good prices if you are able to do own repairs. They have a good website and usually get spares to you next day.
    +1 Picked up a propshaft UJ for my ford ranger for 20 quid from milner, Ford wanted 140+ VAT!
    Last edited by caz518; 10-05-2014 at 20:37.

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    03 l200 27mpg combined ,cam belt just done on mine along with the other belts and pulley 300 not too bad off road with bfg or g grab at2 ,anti roll bar bushes go regular and I've had an sensor go .good truck decided to keep her as I'd need 8/10 k for something better everything newer seems to have massive mileage these days
    norma
    Not long had mine but changed the five belts as advised. Local wanted 465 went to the one a mate recommend 266 all in.

My take advantage of the basc offer when tyres needed.

Going to learn this year how to service a vehicle. Even if just the basics. Can fix strimers, chainsaws and sthil saws. Got to learn cars now.

Quote Originally Posted by caz518 View Post
    +1 Picked up a propshaft UJ for my ford ranger for 20 quid from milner, Ford wanted 140+ VAT!
    ford rangers are harder to find, l200s are ready available, I looked at a 04 plate in a garage,53k milage with a 5500 price tag ouch.......

I've had mine for over nine years and done 140,000 miles and only needed a clutch and two springs , well worth the money but crap on fuel