Thread: new barrel for browning abolt 223rem

new barrel for browning abolt 223rem

Hi I been looking on the web for a new barrel but I seem to get no luck with info were to get a barrel from.
    Its a browning abolt stainles stalker in 223 rem
    The reason I'm looking to get a new barrel is that I can't get the gun to get a good group it about a 2 inch group at a 100m I'm getting, I put a lot of rounds throught it over the 5 years and I never looked after the barrel for a couple years , I got some new nikon scopes on it and some DNZ mounts and the barrel been cleaned and with barrel cleaner to I been putting diffrent rounds through it I reloaded my self and still getting about the same size group, I now its not just my shooting I have a mate testing them to with me and he getting the same group to.
    If I can some help please it would be a great help thanks

Have you had it looked at by a competent rifle smith ?

it could just need a re crown or the action bedding or maybe the barrel is just touching the forend or something just as cheap to remedy

you could go down the route of re barrel and it could potentially be no better

If youve been down all the above and it still shoots a bit poor theres loads off good smiths who would come recommended by members on here which im sure someone will post shortly

of it has no sentimentel value trade it in maybe a t3 hunter in wood ? Could be about the same cost as a rebarel

the barrel is fully free floating and the rifle used to shoot sub moa groups with decent handloads. it just needs re crowning , anyone know any good gunsmiths capeable of doing the job ?

Agent+ on here has had an A Bolt re barrelled and re stocked with a GRS stock ,very fine thread on the original rifle but it can be done
    Norma

Quote Originally Posted by minikeeper View Post
    the barrel is fully free floating and the rifle used to shoot sub moa groups with decent handloads. it just needs re crowning , anyone know any good gunsmiths capeable of doing the job ?
    Pop over to Brock and Norris and get Mike's opinion on it.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

But remember a new A-Bolt is only 500 complete, although not a seen a stainless one for a while now.

Neil.

Ok thanks guys for the info I'll be getting on to brock and norris tomorrow
    Cheers

+ 1 for Brock and Norris.