Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Midge Bite !!

Unhappy First Midge Bite !!

Out tonight for a mooch around and sad to report that the little midgey blighters are back! Got my first midge bite, and seen a few roe couched up flicking their ears so definitely enough to get them agitated! This leads me to the question, how is everyone planning on dealing with the little sods this year?

Tuesday evening I was eaten alive, got somewhere in the region of 50 bites on my hands and wrists nevermind my head and neck, ive scratched myself silly, ive got some repellent ready for my next evening sat under a hedge.i usually use autan but none at two chemists ive been to so got jungle formula instead

Started last sunday for me

Tough It out, stay on the move.

Skin so soft in the trees out of the wind.

Then midge net for sitting still.

Antihistamine, for those that get through

Move to East Anglia. More deer, no hills, no midges!
    Plenty of ticks though!!!!!
    MS

flamethrower or big net ,first time in scotland my sisters wedding we were the main course ,itchy n scratchy show satans little helpers

Attachment 41899Attachment 41900I did use to get loratadine from my doc on a prescription but I am pretty sure I cannot take them with the other meds I take , stops the irritation completely but doesnt stop them biting, get yourself some repelent asap.was my own fault i got bite, should of known better by now, when its just stopped raining seems to be the worst time

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    Attachment 41899Attachment 41900I did use to get loratadine from my doc on a prescription but I am pretty sure I cannot take them with the other meds I take , stops the irritation completely but doesnt stop them biting, get yourself some repelent asap.was my own fault i got bite, should of known better by now, when its just stopped raining seems to be the worst time
    Last night was a balmy night, hardly a breath of wind after heavy rain. A good night for stalking, but also a good night for flesh eating midges, mind you they weren't nearly as bad as it seems you have em! I have a midge jersey, but as the weather gets warmer its like having another layer of clothing on, ideal for sitting waiting though but not great for walking around in.

All things considered its better than being a hay fever sufferer.