Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posting Rifle Primers??

Posting Rifle Primers??

I have some primers for sale at the moment, had someone on here interested who asked if I could post, I said no because as far as I know you cant buy them without showing your FAC, at least I never have been able too. The guy tells me I am wrong and you can post, he claims to be an RFD. I have no intention of posting them regardless but would like to know the score anyway.

So, can you or not ??

You can't post -- full stop !
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
    Adolph Hitler 1933

They are explosive. Enough said really.
    If the guy is an RFD, whys he buying off here ? Seems a bit suspect to me. Actually, very suspect.
    Personally, I'd have taken his address, and passed it on for a 'special delivery' of boys in blue

Pete
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

I know people that are RFD's but have no connection with "the trade" as such.
    Its not that unusual.

I have bought shotgun primers, and powders before.
    Perfectly legal to do that.
    Just had to use a courier that would transport explosives.
    Think it was TNT for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by waterford103 View Post
    You can't post -- full stop !
    POST was the question and NO NO NO .

Any RFD should know this -- if he doesn't or ignores it he's in trouble . Yes to a courier but at what expense ? And for relatively small quantities ?
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
    Adolph Hitler 1933

Quote Originally Posted by waterford103 View Post
    POST was the question and NO NO NO .

Any RFD should know this -- if he doesn't or ignores it he's in trouble . Yes to a courier but at what expense ? And for relatively small quantities ?
    Did the prospective buyer proffer his RFD details?............... I'm guessing not.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

So would you be so kind as to let me know who this mystery RFD is, operating under the radar on here just interested really.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    I have some primers for sale at the moment, had someone on here interested who asked if I could post, I said no because as far as I know you cant buy them without showing your FAC, at least I never have been able too. The guy tells me I am wrong and you can post, he claims to be an RFD. I have no intention of posting them regardless but would like to know the score anyway.

So, can you or not ??
    Hmmmm - okay. I've checked back to your Classified advert. This hasn't had any overt replies, so the approach has come from a PM?

The rules for RFD's are very tight. Trade in Primers needs valid FAC production, just like ammunition & expanding bullets. Any RFD knows this. No RFD can't trade with another (unknown) RFD unless they fax copies of their RFD Certificate beforehand to prove they're legitimate, so I'd be suspicious here.

All RFD's know you can't post Primers which are Class II(?) explosives and HAZMAT rules apply. Transport is by a S5 licensed courier and van ONLY. TNT do this, but it's very expensive and not worthwhile for piddly amounts. If this mystery man is authentic then he has to be a chancer, or some sort of clown.

This is exactly the same sort of underhand PM trade which has led to the site warning in Classifieds about Section V bullet sales. It's the sort of issue which could bring this site into disrepute, and attract official attention of a very nasty nature.

I'm sure it's possible for Admin to identify the member who has replied to Mutley by PM (if that's indeed the case), but what do I know.

The sticky warning about the controlled items (expanding bullets being sent by post) in Classifieds is very timely, and welcome as it'll help everyone keep within the law. Maybe Admin should extend that to Primers too.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Admin - Where it is obvious that it is not an innocent mistake do you have a procedure by which you can provide details of these chancers fishing to get hold of component parts illegally to the police? Keeping people like this off the forum is definitely important for your reputation and also for shooting in general but the threat of forum suspension is a little empty on its own isn't it?