Thread: Range finder prob

Range finder prob

I have a leupold rx11 range finder never had a prob with it till last week when i went to range a target, it brought up all the features in the glass except the range which just displayed 4 lines, i have tried a new battery still the same, but if i point it at a road sigh or reflective service it ranges it which makes me think the laser is playing up, question is can this be repaird or is it a new range finder, if its repairable who do i contact and wats a rough price for a new laser???

Have you dropped it? Are the lenses clean? Are you sure about the charge in the new battery?

Mine packed up week before the guarantee ran out so in a panic I contacted the supplier to establish a potential problem, and at the same time ordered a new battery…which resolved the problem I am happy to say!

Is yours still in warranty? First call would be to the supplier, or a Leupold retailer.

If it is well out of warranty and if nobody else can suggest a repairer (I send cameras to Sendean in London you could always try them) I have seen them going for under a hundred to nearer five hundred depending on the make, model and facilities. Mine is a Nikon Riflehunter which has the facility to adjust distance for slope…it gives you the horizontal distance for your ballistic calculation...and that was £250-ish a couple of years ago bought from OpticsWarehouse.

Alan

As had been said - try another battery first, then follow up on the warranty -whether it's still valid or not- as this will give you either a replacement or a price for a repair.

if you need to buy a new one, however, my recommendation would be a Vortex Ranger 1000, which performs as well as a top-end Leupold but for much less money.
    Last edited by Mr. Gain; 12-05-2014 at 07:06.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

Quote Originally Posted by jayy2 View Post
    I have a leupold rx11 range finder never had a prob with it till last week when i went to range a target, it brought up all the features in the glass except the range which just displayed 4 lines, i have tried a new battery still the same, but if i point it at a road sigh or reflective service it ranges it which makes me think the laser is playing up, question is can this be repaird or is it a new range finder, if its repairable who do i contact and wats a rough price for a new laser???
    I thought leupold have a lifetime warranty or is that just there scopes ?

Cheers lads , it's deffo a new battery in fact I have tried two new ones in case one was duf, it's not been dropped at any time neither, so I'm guessing it's gotta me a lSer break down or something in side, think I'm gonna contact leupold and see wat they say ,