Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: T8

  1. #1

    T8

    Can you shoot your rifle with t8 on without the bush on the bottom of the mod I only ask as I fed up with them rubbing the blueing off the barrel as I've just had mine cerokoted
    cheers
    norma

  2. #2
    yes you can , i did't have any probs and was fed up as are you ,as long as its done up tight(not silly tight) its fine .I now have mine in but its over sized just to stop any crap ending up in the well .hardy gen (R.C Guys)also say there is no need to use theres just an asthetic bushing , also my rpa of old had such a big O/D barrel it could't have a bushing and it also had zero effect on its usage without bushing.

  3. #3
    Same as Paul o, had an RPA which I shot for around 5 years with a T8 with no Bush, had no effect to mod/rifle!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    Can you shoot your rifle with t8 on without the bush on the bottom of the mod I only ask as I fed up with them rubbing the blueing off the barrel as I've just had mine cerokoted
    cheers
    norma
    Another option is to inlet an O ring into the delrin bush on the T8 or T4. That considerably reduces the marking. I had this done and it has worked a treat.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Norm View Post
    Another option is to inlet an O ring into the delrin bush on the T8 or T4. That considerably reduces the marking. I had this done and it has worked a treat.
    Like that idea but how and who ? Cheers

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    Like that idea but how and who ? Cheers
    It was done for me by Peter Frenette of Little Paxton near St. Neots when he was a RFD but I don't think he is still in business.
    I watched him do it and he enlarged hole in the delrin bush slightly then cut out a groove to take the neoprene O ring. The groove was cut midline of the bush. He then cut the O ring and took out a little so that it closed when fitted into the groove. He did not use any glue. The O ring then made snug fit against the barrel and has never moved.
    I am no engineer so have no idea what the correct terms are for the process he used. I struggle to knock a nail in straight.
    Peter is a very experienced rifle-smith and made it look very simple. It took him about twenty minutes to do.
    You are welcome to pop in here for a look at the two mods if you are up this end of the A14.

  7. #7
    Sounds just the ticket thankyou .it amazes me for somrthing that doesn't move what a mess the bush makes of a barrel after time .
    cheers Norma

  8. #8
    A bit of tape around the barrel?
    Cheers Ted.

    SACS Member. DSC 1.

  9. #9
    They are designed not touch the barrel and should have clearance around it. Not much I grant you.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    yes you can , i did't have any probs and was fed up as are you ,as long as its done up tight(not silly tight) its fine .I now have mine in but its over sized just to stop any crap ending up in the well .hardy gen (R.C Guys)also say there is no need to use theres just an asthetic bushing , also my rpa of old had such a big O/D barrel it could't have a bushing and it also had zero effect on its usage without bushing.
    mmm yep just purchased hardy gen 4 moderator as I Was looking and holding the barrel (plastic) Bushing , the chap said you won't be needing that bit ,IF I Were you I Would Just Bin it for what good it is , WELL about right by the time you have drilled it out for The barrel in my case 22mm , there's not a lot left

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted T8
    By remmy243 in forum Firearms Components
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-05-2014, 19:46
  2. For Sale T8 1/2
    By Hulse in forum Firearms
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2014, 17:20
  3. For Sale T8
    By 6.5/284matt in forum Firearms
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19-02-2013, 21:23
  4. T8
    By David T in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 22:30
  5. T8
    By Max in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-02-2009, 18:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •