Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: harris bi-pod 6-9"

harris bi-pod 6-9"

Im after a 6-9" harris bipod, if anybody has one please get in touch.

Thanks

I have a 9 to 13 with a swivel top

ill keep it in mind, would prefer 6-9 as most shooting prone. how much do you want for it and could you post?

Quote Originally Posted by s8mdevo View Post
    ill keep it in mind, would prefer 6-9 as most shooting prone. how much do you want for it and could you post?

Not sure where you are shooting but I found that I needed the extra few inches to clear even slightly longish grass in a field when prone. 9-13 was the minimum I could get and be sure I wouldn't tag the bullet in the foliage just in front of the barrel. Just my input.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mark@mbb View Post
    I have a 9 to 13 with a swivel top
    pm sent

Will settle for any 6-9 bipod, does not need to be harris.

I've just bought one of these:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1712824652...84.m1439.l2649

Very impressed with it, especially for the price. Arrived within 2 days too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    I've just bought one of these:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1712824652...84.m1439.l2649

Very impressed with it, especially for the price. Arrived within 2 days too.
    I have just bought one! Thanks Mat

I used a Deben on my Sako Quad for just under 12-months and was happy enough with it, until I purchased a .243 and tried one on that too. Within a dozen or so outings the bipod became very loose, no doubt just not able to take the added weight of a centre fire. Whilst I was able to re-tighten readily enough, I couldn't be doing with the hassle and purchased a Harris. Simply stunned by the far superior build quality, I sold both Deben's and now only use Harris.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tjm160 View Post
    I used a Deben on my Sako Quad for just under 12-months and was happy enough with it, until I purchased a .243 and tried one on that too. Within a dozen or so outings the bipod became very loose, no doubt just not able to take the added weight of a centre fire. Whilst I was able to re-tighten readily enough, I couldn't be doing with the hassle and purchased a Harris. Simply stunned by the far superior build quality, I sold both Deben's and now only use Harris.
    I will prob go this route as well. But for only 20 it has to be worth a try! Even if it turns out to be crap i will just throw it on a little rimfire and get a harris for the centrefires. Doesn't matter where you read they all say to go harris