Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Absolutely disgusted and Appalled!!!

Absolutely disgusted and Appalled!!!

Been building on my permissions now for sometime, I have a couple but only one for deer so far, one of th eplaces I have been trying to get is a farm I used to work on but due to its proximity the farmer is pretty much reluctant to having too many shots on his ground but he does need the deer managed . Now last night while working on the door a group of lads I know came to my place of work, all farm hands or managers of sorts, one of the lads pulled me aside and asked how I was getting on on one of my permissions so it sparked the conversation off about who was shooting the ground he works on, well what he told me and showed me next was absolutely horrendous, I was told of this shooter who is doing pest control on his boss's land and was shown a picture of the beautiful stag that he completely ruined. I don't have a copy of the picture to post on here but I can only explain what I saw.

Good sized Red Stag in reasonably good condition Part from a gaping wound centre gutt , the stomach on gralloch was completely burst and nothing was worth saving and the beast was just left midfield for all to see.

Now when approached and asked if it was him that shot the beast by the farm hand he denied it, obviously ashamed of the mess he made but worst of all made no attempt to remove it and dispose of the ruined carcass. Well his lamping buddy more or less put him in it by describing the incident.

I understand that mistakes happen and we all may have a gut shot at some point of our stalking days but the responsible thing to do is to dispose of the beast accordingly specially as this was in the middle of a grazing field not far from a village and always passed bye by dog walkers.

I think the crux of it is that to me this would have been a really key permission to get and as I know the grounds intimately it would easily centralise my activities and gave me more deer rights and another farm in the same location and at the moment it is being shot over so amateurishly.

Have any of you come across similar ??
    Last edited by Tulloch; 11-05-2014 at 18:36.

Not sure im with you on the nothing could be saved from a gut shot deer...

Or are you saying he isnt capable of gralloching aswell ?
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

I really cannot understand some folk, even with a bad shot which happens you then need to do the best you can the whole carcass would surely have not been destroyed, haunches,loin the list goes on I would have field butchered as much as possible then removed the carcass for proper disposal sounds like the guy didn't try or couldn't be bothered

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by pheasant sniper 1 View Post
    Not sure im with you on the nothing could be saved from a gut shot deer...

Or are you saying he isnt capable of gralloching aswell ?
    lets just say the pic I saw the gralloch had been attempted , and it was like someone had poured green cattlefeed out of the stomach by the pale load

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    I really cannot understand some folk, even with a bad shot which happens you then need to do the best you can the whole carcass would surely have not been destroyed, haunches,loin the list goes on I would have field butchered as much as possible then removed the carcass for proper disposal sounds like the guy didn't try or couldn't be bothered
    I would have done the same, It was a complete waste of a beast and apparently , according to his lamping partner, it was only a 50 yrd shot. It gets my goat because not only was it out of season but the only reason I am not on that farm shooting is because he is on there.. Like all my permissions I would have put 100% hours I could to beable to do the right job and if I did not know what I was doing on a subject I would get help or ask someone .

sounds like he needs a better lamp!!
    atb steve

Have a word with the farmer and offer to take care of the deer if you think this lad isnt up to it. But if he's denied it then it wont be easy.
    Or try and have a word with the lad himself and offer to help....

maybe a wee bit jealous of this other shooter me thinks

I am not getting involved in it, and if he is shooting deer at night out of season and no license I am definately not getting involved in that. It just pisses me of a little I am trying to get the lad who showed me the pic to get it to me.

If you can just let the farmer know you'd be interested if he gets fed up with this other lad