Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: FAC aplication advise

  1. #1

    FAC aplication advise

    I am in the process of applying for FAC, could someone advise please, where do i have to list the moderator and the expanding ammunition on the aplication form?
    There are no designated areas on the new forms and i want to do it right.

    Many thanks!

  2. #2
    Put moderators in part 16 on a seperate slot to your rifles. Put all ammo in part 17 and say it's expanding. If the box is too small put something like .308exp (if you want expanding ammo for a .308win.
    Last edited by palmer_mike; 12-05-2014 at 07:42.

  3. #3
    Moderator goes in section 12 and ammunition goes in section 13,or at least they do on Devon and Cornwall forms......

  4. #4
    http://basc.org.uk/firearms/certificate-forms-and-fees/

    Using the new Form 201 (downloaded from above URL), under 16. you need to seperately list the rifle and mod ie:
    6.5x55 - bolt action - deer & AOLQ, target shoooting
    up to .30cal - moderator - deer & AOLQ, target shooting
    .22LR - bolt action - vermin & AOLQ, target shooting
    .22LR - moderator - vermin & AOLQ, target shooting

    For ammo, use 17. ie:
    6.5x55 - 400
    .22LR - 750
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    http://basc.org.uk/firearms/certificate-forms-and-fees/

    Using the new Form 201 (downloaded from above URL), under 16. you need to seperately list the rifle and mod ie:
    6.5x55 - bolt action - deer & AOLQ, target shoooting
    up to .30cal - moderator - deer & AOLQ, target shooting
    .22LR - bolt action - vermin & AOLQ, target shooting
    .22LR - moderator - vermin & AOLQ, target shooting

    For ammo, use 17. ie:
    6.5x55 - 400
    .22LR - 750

    only state bolt action if that the only type you want ie the classifications are Rifle, Shotgun , Long barrelled Pistol etc

    Cal = 6.5mm/.260" Type = Rifle
    Cal =22 Rimfire Type = Rifle

    Best is to also download the BASC help on filling out the forms from I FArticus link above as well they will go thro every section and what to put in

  6. #6
    I would fully recommend that you accompany any form with a detailed letter spelling out EXACTLY what you want and why
    If you have 5 items you want to apply for make sure you letter has 5 BIG BULLET POINTS right in the middle of it.
    Explain any reason, experience, choices etc etc

    whoever comes to see you will be recommending your case to the Firearms Manager to sign off
    make their life easier and they will (usually) make yours easy!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    I would fully recommend that you accompany any form with a detailed letter spelling out EXACTLY what you want and why
    If you have 5 items you want to apply for make sure you letter has 5 BIG BULLET POINTS right in the middle of it.
    Explain any reason, experience, choices etc etc

    whoever comes to see you will be recommending your case to the Firearms Manager to sign off
    make their life easier and they will (usually) make yours easy!
    Absolutely agree with this!

  8. #8
    Thanks for the imput guys, very helpfull!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by FGYT View Post
    only state bolt action if that the only type you want ie the classifications are Rifle, Shotgun , Long barrelled Pistol etc

    Cal = 6.5mm/.260" Type = Rifle
    Cal =22 Rimfire Type = Rifle

    Best is to also download the BASC help on filling out the forms from I FArticus link above as well they will go thro every section and what to put in
    All good points!
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

  10. #10
    Is it worth putting down my previous rifle experience ?

Similar Threads

  1. advise please
    By mal mason in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 20-11-2012, 21:28
  2. New Shooting aplication and Mentor
    By chickenman in forum Legal Issues
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 30-03-2011, 18:53
  3. Just got my FAC today...... Can you advise on rifle choice please ???
    By robbobsam in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 17-05-2010, 19:04
  4. Advise on asking for a change in FAC conditions
    By Milligan in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 18:11
  5. fire arms aplication
    By russ91 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 19-02-2010, 21:42

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •