The LONG, good, Friday

I don't really have time for a proper write up sadly but just wanted to say a massive thank you to Sikamalc for getting me my third deer and my first ever Roe buck on Friday morning!

Long story short, after a miss on a fox Malcolm got me onto a buck a short while later, I took the shot but pulled it and both Malcolm and I thought I had hit it too far back, thinking that I had just wounded a deer we followed it up but I had been lucky, I'd pulled the shot forward rather than back and hit it through both shoulders in the low neck, brisket area and he was down a few yards from where he was hit, stone dead!

Very impressed with Malcolm, calm, knowledgeable and friendly and just what the novice stalker needs, wonderful ground, cracking breakfast, lovely weather, great company and my first male deer! What more could you want? :D

And the long bit? A one am start on friday morning and I didn't manage to get any sleep between the morning and evening stalks and then after the two hour drive home and skinning and butchering the deer I finally crawled back into bed at two am on Saturday morning! :doh:

Many thanks to Malcolm and his Mrs and Tom as well for making Friday the 9th of May one of the best and most memorable days of my life :D

Cheers

Pete

Enjoyed stalking with you Pete, and a good result at the end of the morning as well. Pity the evening stalk was Fallow Bucks and a Roe doe only, but at least it kept us on our toes.

Tom also had a client of mine who is also a site member and got him onto a buck as well, so another first for the client and great work by Tom.

Look forward to seeing you again maybe in the winter. In the meantime take care and thank you again for your custom.

ATB

Malcolm and Sandra, plus hounds.

Last edited:
If it was the same fox that I then missed when out with Malcolm on Saturday evening it's welcome to do my lottery ticket:D

I'll be back in touch pretty soon to sort out some more stalking Malcolm, Maybe a day on the CWD and Muntjac?
In the mean time I'll be trying to persuade the mrs that she needs a Bavarian mountain hound in her life and working on my shooting skills :)

I'll be back in touch pretty soon to sort out some more stalking Malcolm, Maybe a day on the CWD and Muntjac?
In the mean time I'll be trying to persuade the mrs that she needs a Bavarian mountain hound in her life and working on my shooting skills :)

Look forward to it Pete. Let me know if you need any help with the FAC application.

Back