Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mystery growth?

Mystery growth?

Just been asked to cull some Fallow in a semi-enclosed private school ground. I noticed that one animal has a growth about the size of a football on the front of its chest!
    Anyone seen similar before or got any ideas what it could be?
    We will try to take this animal as a priority but I can't guarantee we will get it as they are wild and do have escape routes! I've seen small growths before but nothing this big.
    MS

Probably a tumour, I saw a wild fallow with something very similar several years ago. Couldn't get a safe shot at the time and never saw it again. Make sure that you've got your camera with you when you stalk that ground so we can all give our opinions when you get it! JC

I was watching a herd of 25-30 fallow last year from the road ( not on my patch ) and noticed fallow pricket with a large grapefruit sized growth dangling down from it's belly.
    He looked in good condition but I didn't know who's land he was on so couldn't ask to see if we could stalk the ground.

Stag 1933 has a picture of a red with a very similar growth, perhaps he could post it again.

Regards
    Jonathon

Hopefully Monkey Spanker and I will be able to show you the growth this evening!?

You know I have just cursed us

I have some pictures of something very similar on a red stag, I can't do pictures so if someone wants to send me an email address i'll forward a photo and they can put it up. JC

Quote Originally Posted by deer man

You know I have just cursed us
    You certainly did!!
    I did have it in the crosshairs twice but first time it was moving through thick cover and the second time it was 'skylined'. It turned out to be the lead Doe of the group too so it is probably quite old.
    I did get one of her girlfriends though!
    Next time maybe?

we will have her next time!

It would seem you shoot one and three come to funeral!

Still not connected with the abnormal doe!

243 Varmint.
    My Photobucket has gone tits-up as I cannot get any of my 600 pictures out for some reason.
    I had an update put on today, it may have buggered things up !

HWH.

Quote Originally Posted by stag1933
    243 Varmint.
    My Photobucket has gone tits-up as I cannot get any of my 600 pictures out for some reason.
    I had an update put on today, it may have buggered things up !

HWH.
    I hope you get somewhere with your computer. A lot of pics to go missing.

My wife 'lost' all the photo's of our second child, she was gutted because she had a 'c' section under general and didn't remember the birth

But luckily a friend of ours had the software to get the photo's back from the abiss inside the computer and it only cost a case of Strongbow

Regards

Jonathon