Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First Aid Courses

First Aid Courses

I keep seeing this 1st aid. On the course dose it cover gun shot wounds.

Most of the first aid courses cover penetrations. not gunshot wounds they show you how to stop the bleeding.

The course I did I asked them about gunshot wounds, and was told that the best way was to stop the bleeding as then the patient wont die of blood loss but the shock and trauma will kill most people.
    Last edited by sikadog; 08-05-2014 at 17:57.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Quote Originally Posted by Marc m View Post
    I keep seeing this 1st aid. On the course dose it cover gun shot wounds.
    because the most likely injury when stalking is a gun shot wound???

err don't be silly, it's slips trips, falls, cuts and the complications that come with them so First Aid training and certification is a very sensible and reasonable requirement.

You are far more likely to cut yourself while gralloching... as I once discovered.
    Ankle sprains are common too, and heart attack is a very real risk which is why stalking alone in remote places is never a good idea.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Paul at Fechan View Post
    because the most likely injury when stalking is a gun shot wound???

err don't be silly, it's slips trips, falls, cuts and the complications that come with them so First Aid training and certification is a very sensible and reasonable requirement.
    Hi Paul what first aid course is it ie basic first aid emergency first aid first aid in the work place ?
    cheers lister
    ps my dsc 1 arrived today many thanks to the good the bad and the ugly (march 22-23)

First aid at work is a comprehensive course in my experience. You should be trained for any eventuality having completed it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SCAN0010 copy.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	213.9 KB 
ID:	41793
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Si is a boss

I did one years ago does any one know if they,have an expiry/retake time.

3 years Tony