Thread: Howa replacement stock

Howa replacement stock

Hi guys recently bought a howa 204, its in the laminate skeleton at the moment, is it worth while getting this stock bedded or would i be better getting a aftermarket synthetic with aluminium bedding block? and if so who stocks them in the uk at a decent price?

Cheers BB

choice is yours mate i had a laminate thumbhole put on mine instead of the houge rubbish and groups shrank greatly but then put a bell and carlson varmint stock on it and and completely changed the rifles accuracy between that and working on the trigger now a safe 11/4lb its a bug holer all day long

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboab29 View Post
    Hi guys recently bought a howa 204, its in the laminate skeleton at the moment, is it worth while getting this stock bedded or would i be better getting a aftermarket synthetic with aluminium bedding block? and if so who stocks them in the uk at a decent price?

Cheers BB
    bed it yourself then if it isn't to your liking you can still go for a different stock.
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboab29 View Post

Cheers BB
    Bell and Carlson Medalist...and a Timney... u wont regret it!!! They usually crop up used in the classifieds on SD, alternatively Midway: http://www.midwayuk.com/epages/Midwa...9-1414141C9843

or Countryman of Derby: http://www.countrymanofderby.co.uk/W...en-uk/d46.html
    Remington 700 VLS .223rem, ASE Utra SL5, Timney Calvin Elite Trigger
    Sako 75 Stainless Synthetic .308win, Wildcat Mod.
    Howa M-1500 .243win Wildcat Mod, Timney Trigger, Bell and Carlson Stock
    6.5x47Lapua, Valkyrie Valhalla.
    Ruger 10/22 Stainless .22lr, Sako Mod, Hogue Stock

Thanks guys, i will try an add in the wanted section and if not i'll get one from midway

Cheers BB

Taking nothing away from Midway - if its the B & C you go for, Highland Outdoors ( Howa Distributor UK ) carry them and any Howa stockist should be able to get them for you, likely quicker and possibly cheaper than Midway.

Not certain, but wouldn't be surprised if a Howa lover like Steve Beatty has on the shelf. Bringing things closer into the fold, some SD advertisers like Brock & Norris may well be the same ( apologies to other trade members - B & N first to mind )

We have a Western Isle client that sourced a great laminate stock direct from the US for very little money and got it in about 7 days ( faster than Midway usually are ), he's on here, but can't recall his handle - sorry Bob! )
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Moray Outfitting View Post
    Taking nothing away from Midway - if its the B & C you go for, Highland Outdoors ( Howa Distributor UK ) carry them and any Howa stockist should be able to get them for you, likely quicker and possibly cheaper than Midway.

Not certain, but wouldn't be surprised if a Howa lover like Steve Beatty has on the shelf. Bringing things closer into the fold, some SD advertisers like Brock & Norris may well be the same ( apologies to other trade members - B & N first to mind )

We have a Western Isle client that sourced a great laminate stock direct from the US for very little money and got it in about 7 days ( faster than Midway usually are ), he's on here, but can't recall his handle - sorry Bob! )
    that would most likely be a Boyds laminate stock, about 130 delivered IIRC
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Quote Originally Posted by N1trox View Post
    I finally got my Boyds thumbhole stock and have fitted it to my Ruger M77 Mk II rifle, I think that it looks great. Only took 10 minutes to fit the barrel and action to the stock, they went together like a hand into a glove. I took it out yesterday and checked the zero, it was just off to the right by about an inch, four clicks to the left and it was back on centre. I was hoping to go out today and see if I could bag a Roe Buck, but the weather is really bad this morning, perhaps it will brighten up later?????

The stock cost me $99.00 plus $68.55 shipping and packing (total $167.55), which translated in to 109.96 by the time the transaction hit my bank account. The package was sent via the US Postal Service (USPS), which allowed me to track its’ progress all the way to our local Parcelforce depot who issued me with a bill for 27.73. That was made up of 19.73 VAT and a 8 Parcelforce handling charge. Because the total landed value of the item ($99 = 63.97) and the shipping ($50.34 = 32.53) came to a total of 96.50, it was below the 135 limit above which import duty becomes payable (Rifle stocks attract a duty rate of 2.7%). Consequently, I only had to pay 20% VAT on the item and the shipping costs (the VAT man likes to get more than just his slice of the pie). Hence, 19.73 on $99 (stock) and $50.43 (shipping), I verified the amount of VAT and Duty payable by using the website www.dutycalculator.com, it was really easy to use, but the amounts were slightly different due to slightly different exchange rates used.

First impressions of the stock make the ordering and import process worth the wait (it took 16 days in total) and if using the rifle/stock is as easy as the zeroing was, then I know that I am going to enjoy using my revamped rifle. Odds on, I will get another one to go on my CZ .17HMR.

I have attached a photograph so that you can see the finished article.

Attachment 27631
    I purchased a Boyds stock from the US, it was very easy and painless, see above post from last year.

Regards

S